by laurawel Contributor
Contributor

Apple music frustrated

When I took out my plan I was talked into a data sharing plan which worked out great! 

I log into my account today to find out my bill has gone from 75 to 91!!

It turns out that while being talked into a data sharing plan I was told apple music would be free for a limited time then it would not carry on unless I decided to keep it.....  This is not the first time I've been given wrong information which is why I repeated what she said in store and she said yes that's right! 

I've never used Apple music so I figured great it would cut off after the trial. 

I'm not tech savvy so silly me I took her word for it. Hopefully this can be resolved. 

11 REPLIES 11
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Apple music frustrated

@laurawel  Apple music is free for the first 6 months then if you want to keep it you pay for it.  But a shared plan costs you £9 per month to have another SIM card use your allowances.

by laurawel Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for replying. I know that now after reading what you have wrote. 

It's a shame that people in store can't seem to either be truthful or don't really pay attention enough. I'll have to call customer services tomorrow. I logged in via the website and managed to cancel the "subscription" with help from a friend. 

That was not the first time I've had an account error due to the store assistant 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@laurawel. You should of got a text from EE saying that your free period was ending and told you what todo if you didn't want it to continue,  

to cancel Apple Music you just need text STOP MUSIC to 150 

more information is HERE

by laurawel Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately I had no text and I make a habit of keeping all my texts from ee lol. I'll call the customer service tomorrow 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@laurawel    The reason I say you should've got a text from EE is because I have recently just started my six months free Apple Music with EE and a text message I got from EE stated that they would text me closer to the time of when the six months is up on how to go about cancelling this if I no longer require it.  

If customer services say you should've got a text message saying how to go about cancelling it and you didn't then you need to say you would like a refund because they failed in what they should've done.

by
EE Employee

Hi @laurawel and welcome to the community.

Have you spoken to customer services to rectify your issue?

Many thanks,

Lee

by laurawel Contributor
Contributor

Good evening 

It has been rectified by customer services. They have took off the cost due to being misinformed. 

Customer service was helpful as always. 

by laurawel Contributor
Contributor

I did mention the text message and there was no mention about if I should of received a text. So keep an eye out 

by
EE Employee

Hi @laurawel

Glad you had the issue resolved, out of curiosity, could the text message have gone to your data sharing plan without your knowledge?

Many thanks,

Lee

by laurawel Contributor
Contributor

I have checked with those on my data sharing and no text was recieved. 

by
EE Employee

No problems @laurawel

Glad you have resolved your issue.

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions