by jje Investigator
Investigator

Additional line charge

I'm an existing EE pay monthly customer. I ordered an additional line with 10% off for being a loyal customer. This happened over live chat. Agreed to some terms, gave credit details to pay an upfront cost of £9.99. Afterwards got some texts from EE saying.. "Hi from EE. As requested we've ordered your additional device.." and that it will arrive on june 2nd (because its a preorder device for xz premium).

So £10.00 was taken from my card, instead of £9.99.  I don't really care about the 0.01p overcharge. Anyway I just assumed the 10.00 taken was the 9.99 pay upfront cost.

Today I received my bill for my current device. I noticed that the £10.00 was added to my account as credit and -£10.00 was taken off my usual bill.

So instead of the £10.00 being taken as an upfront cost for my additional line. It's effectively been used as a part of my bill.

So as you can see I'm a bit confused.. will the £9.99 be taken as the up front cost another time?

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Additional line charge

Hi, 

There is no specific account access on these forums so you will need to call CS on 150 for more specific information on your account and billing. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

£10 CR from your Credit Card - £10 Up-front cost = £0. You are fully paid up for it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by jje Investigator
Investigator

The £10 appears as -£10.00 outstanding balance  for my current pay monthly contract which is always £28 every month (this has no payments for any additional line, £28 is the cost linked to 1 device only which I have had for almost 2 years), so the bill I got this month is £18, instead of the usual £28.  

So the £10 I thought I was paying towards an "Upfront cost" of an additional line instead acted like credit on my account for my current line.

Does anyone know if my additional line will appear as a seperate direct debit bill or will the costs of the additional line be added on to my regular DD bill?  If it gets added on to my usual DD bill then it'd make more sense. Was under the impression I would get seperate DD bills for both devices.

by
EE Employee

Hi @jje and welcome to the Community.

When you take an additional line the DD will include both numbers, you will start to be billed once you receive the device.

Please take a look at a guide to your bills, as there is information in this section that will assist.

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.