by Jayrich872001 Investigator
Investigator

Absolute Joke. Account suspended but bill isn’t due yet

Hi all. Had an absolute joke this morning. Woke up to find that EE have suspended my account. The bill isn’t even due until the 17th. I don’t get paid until the 15th. They are saying credit limit reached !!!! And refuse to put my phone on until I pay £40. Essentially they are holding my phone ransom, need my phone on as im

autistic and it’s a big part of how I am able to cope

8 REPLIES 8
Investigator

Re: Absolute Joke. Account suspended but bill isn’t due yet

Problem is the account isn’t excessively large it’s the same as it is every month. I need my phone to help with my
Condition. Without it I’m more or less housebound. My bill always gets paid and iv had more expensive bills before and never had any issues

Sent from my iPhone
Investigator

Oh and to add to it. EE customer services basically said tough. Even though I explained that I need my phone. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Jayrich872001  If your reached the credit limit of you’re account then you’ve been making call/texts that are not covered by your allowances,  EE are only doing this to stop you from running up a large bill.   A credit limit is on every EE account and is stranded practice.   

Investigator

Problem is the account isn’t excessively large it’s the same as it is every month. I need my phone to help with my
Condition. Without it I’m more or less housebound. My bill always gets paid and iv had more expensive bills before and never had any issues

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Jayrich872001  I can only recommend that you pay this £40 as you’ll only have to pay it when your bill is due anyway.   

Investigator

I am unable to pay it. Because I get paid on the 15th hence my bill is due on the 17th. Bloody stupid. Don’t don’t advertise that if EE doesn’t like the amount of the bill the cut u off. Last month and the month before my bill was more expensive. So it isn’t a “standard” they have changed the credit limit on the account. 

Investigator

1. I am unable to pay it. Because I get paid on the 15th hence my bill is due on the 17th. Bloody stupid. Don’t don’t advertise that if EE doesn’t like the amount of the bill the cut u off. Last month and the month before my bill was more expensive. So it isn’t a “standard” they have changed the credit limit on the account. 
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Jayrich872001

Welcome to the community, I'm sorry to hear of your situation.

If our customer service team have advised that they are unable to lift the restriction without payment, I'm afraid I can't offer any further advice.

For further information on the charges that have caused this or the reasons why the credit limit is in place, I recommend speaking to the customer service team again.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.