Buy the new Google Pixel 2 and get a free Google Home Mini
Highlighted
by

A couple of questions about SIM only deals

Hi all,

Got a few questions about a SIM Only Pay Monthly plan, ready for when my contract runs out in May.

If I was to take a SIM only deal, such as the £19.99 deal for unlimited minutes, texts and 20GB of data, and then decided to upgrade my phone through EE in a few months time; would this be possible or would I have to wait for the SIM only deal to expire before I could upgrade?

I don't want to go for one of the rolling 30 day contracts, as I am happy to stay with EE - I just might want a bit of flexibility within EE in the future.

Along with this, would Wi-Fi Calling still work on a SIM only deal? My iPhone does currently support this as it's from EE directly, so I'm assuming this will still work the same?

Thanks in advance!

Jordan.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
Grand Master
Solution
Accepted by topic author Oddeas
‎20-03-2017 08:42 PM

Re: A couple of questions about SIM only deals

[ Edited ]

@Oddeas   Yes you can upgrade to a full contract but only after 3 months usage with the sim only..  a full contract is a new device and a new tariff not the existing Sim only tariff.  

Yes Wi-Fi calling will still work.  

Just to add you can get an iPhone from anywhere and put a EE Sim card in it and  it will still work with Wi-Fi calling as the iPhone doesn't have to come from EE to have Wi-Fi calling enabled on it  ( providing its not a locked to another network that is ) 

2 REPLIES
by
Grand Master
Solution
Accepted by topic author Oddeas
‎20-03-2017 08:42 PM

[ Edited ]

@Oddeas   Yes you can upgrade to a full contract but only after 3 months usage with the sim only..  a full contract is a new device and a new tariff not the existing Sim only tariff.  

Yes Wi-Fi calling will still work.  

Just to add you can get an iPhone from anywhere and put a EE Sim card in it and  it will still work with Wi-Fi calling as the iPhone doesn't have to come from EE to have Wi-Fi calling enabled on it  ( providing its not a locked to another network that is ) 

by
Legend

Hi, 

When your minimum contract term runs out in may you can stay on your current tariff and it will revert to pay monthly so you can cancel at any time giving 30 days notice.. You may lose any discounts you received if you received any. 

If however you decide to move onto a 12 month sim only deal (others are available) then you will be contacted to that deal for the period of the contract, so 30 days then 30 days. Sim only deals are good if you buy sim free phones. 

VOWIFI works with sim only. 

Hope this helps. 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.