by Brandman Investigator
Investigator

4g wifi router data gifting

I bought a 4g wifi router last month to replace our rural slow by wifi. It is on the same ee account as the phone I took out. I can't data gift and have been in touch with ee. I get conflicting advice. I'm told I can't gift data to the 4g wifi router although these pages suggest I should. I'm told there is a known problem with my ee app. Not sure what to believe! Help.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: 4g wifi router data gifting

You may Data Gift to or from any 4GEE WiFi device/router with the sole exception of Router details

4GEE Home Router

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
6 REPLIES 6
by Profile closed
Not applicable

EE's Data Gifting terms and conditions which can be found here do state that 4GEE Home devices are not eligible to either send or receive data gifts:

4GEE Home Devices are not eligible to receive or donate data.

(it's in the second paragraph on page 3)

by Brandman Investigator
Investigator

Thank you for your reply. My understanding was that the 4g wifi router was not the same as an ee home router? Hence my confusion. I thought it would count as a 4gee wifi device, an assumption which was also made by the ee shop where I bought the router.

You will be able to gift data from any Pay Monthly handset,
tablet or 4GEE WiFi device to any other Pay Monthly handset,
tablet or WiFi device that belongs to the same Pay Monthly
account. You cannot gift data to any other mobile number, or
any other device. 4GEE Home Devices are not eligible to
receive or donate data.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Brandman,

Welcome to the EE Community.

@Profile closed is correct, you can't gift data from a 4GEE WiFi router.

Thanks

James

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

You may Data Gift to or from any 4GEE WiFi device/router with the sole exception of Router details

4GEE Home Router

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Brandman Investigator
Investigator

Thank you. A shame that the ee shop assured me I could gift data. But thank you for the clarification.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance.

Take it back to the shop & demand your money back. You were mislead & mis-sold. By law the goods supplied must match any description given to you.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.