by Sketcher122
Visitor

4GEE WiFi lies

I called into my local EE store to enquire about WiFi solutions and was told that the 50Gb 4Gee mini WiFi box was the best option for my needs. Fast forward to my first bill and I’m being charged more than I agreed on and the data limit is most certainly not good enough. I was promised 50Gb per month would be more than enough for online gaming and Netflix and I ran through it in less than 3 weeks. I was told that my defence discount couldn’t be used as it was being added to an existing contract, however, a friend of mine has been allowed to use theirs. My friend also set up a sim only contract with 500Gb of data per month for only £16 where I was told that wasn’t an option for me. I want to cancel this contract because the service I was promised is sub par and I was lied to about the services available just to make a sale.

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: 4GEE WiFi lies

@Sketcher122  500GB for £16. Lol really.   

Its up to you one what you think is enough data not the shop as they don’t know who much you spend playing games or watching Netflix and im sure you probably underestimated how much time you do spend online when you told the store assistant.  

oh and do you watch Netflix in HD ?  If you do this will chew through the data.    

Just to add you got this in a store and unfortunately there is no cooling of period with store sales you’ll need to see out the contact.  Also have a look at THIS

Yyour first bill is also paying the days before your bill was generated and also the month ahead so it will be more as you pay in advance each month. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You don't need any cooling-off period when the sale & the cost were misrepresented & not as described by the salesman. You have statutory protection against this.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@XRaySpeX  How can anyone know how much you’ll need other than yourself and then your only guessing  The store person doesn’t know your true online useage and I can bet @Sketcher122 don’t know how much data they actually need or use online also. 

To say it’s a misrepresentation is  hilarious.  

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Chris_B: I'm talking about the cost. The bill is higher than stated at the sale.

To say there is no cooling-off w/out saying OTOH there are statutory remedies is hiding the facts. I'm just putting that right.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Sketcher122

Welcome to the community.

I recommend either popping back into the store to discuss this or alternatively, speak to our customer service team to see what can be done about the monthly cost.

Chris

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.