by Dtlewis2016 Investigator
Investigator

2nd line added but want to return and want advice on bill payment once returned

Hello everyone I took out a iPhone X as a 2 line on my account which was delivered on Friday the 16th December so only 4 days ago, I’ve today decided against keeping the phone and contract and will be contacting ee in the morning to arrange to send the phone back. I’ll send it back tomorrow via Royal Mail special delivery but wanted to know where I stand with regards to the phone bill for the additional line ? It’s due to be processed and my new bill produced with my normal line on Thursday but because it’s  being sent back tomorrow do I still need to pay the bill for the iPhone X or just pay for my first phone as normal and wait for ee to stop and update the account ? I hope that makes sense 

thank you 

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: 2nd line added but want to return and want advice on bill payment once retur

I shouldn't just send it yourself. Inform EE you are cancelling your contract fot it & they will send you a return envelope.

If you ordered this by phone or online you have a statutory 14-day cooling-off period from delivery to cancel FoC. You should get all your money back once it has been received back & processed.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: 2nd line added but want to return and want advice on bill payment once retur

Hi, 

If you are due to be billed on Thursday then yes you will be billed for the device and line/s you have.

If you are returning a device within 14 days, then as per the return policy:

What happens next?

Once you’ve contacted us to confirm that you would like to cancel and return your order, we’ll send you a pre-addressed silver special delivery bag.  These are used as they provide tracking and insurance to you which offers protection against loss and damage.

Please make sure you follow the instructions below to ensure the return is processed as quickly as possible.        

• Once you’ve received your silver bag, you must send your equipment back to us within 30 days
  • If you are returning a new unused item please do not open the box prior to sending back and return sealed
  • Please make sure that you disable any theft/loss protection apps on your device before sending (e.g. Find My Phone – visit www.ee.co.uk/findmyphone for details)
  • Ensure all items are returned, including in-box accessories and free promotional items and that there is no damage or you may be charged 

Postage costs

You are responsible for the postage cost of return so please keep proof of posting.       

Your refund

Once we have received both your cancellation request and we’ve received any equipment you need to return, we will refund you within 14 days, using the payment method you originally used.

Refunds will include the following;

• Any deposit or upfront payments made at the point of sale. (we may make deductions from your refund for any loss in the value of the returned equipment)
  • The standard delivery charge you paid to us, if you have paid for a premium delivery service you will still receive a refund for the amount of a standard delivery

Charges you may receive

If you bought a pay monthly plan a final bill will be produced and sent to you via post, you will be charged for any usage used before returning to us. 

What happens next?

Your account will now be closed.  If you’re returning an upgrade, you’ll go back onto your previous plan and device. If you upgraded before the end of your previous plan’s minimum term contact this will continue to be billed.     

I would add those time scales don't take into account the Christmas break/period so it will likely take longer than the time periods stated. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Dtlewis2016 Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for your reply’s and advice I’m very grateful, and yes I will call them first before sending but it states on the website they just send out a silver special delivery bag and the customer needs to pay for the postage anyway so to save time over the Xmas week i was hopefully going to get the address off them tomorrow once the cancellation was processed and just pay to send it back tomorrow so they would receive it on Thursday before 1pm just to save time and hassle over the Xmas period. I’ll see what they say tomorrow thanks again for your advice 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, best ask CS tomorrow if you can send it off be receiving the delivery bag, to hurry things up before Xmas.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @Dtlewis2016

I can see you've had some amazing help from @XRaySpeX and @Northerner about your question already.

I hope you manage to get this sorted today.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.