by
EE Community Support Team

Re: saying not enough credit when i have a bundle

Hi @XRaySpeX,

I have been doing some digging on the website on the pay as you go plans. I too would like to get some clarity around which mobile virtual network operators are included and which are not.

Can you leave this with me tonight and I will come back to you tomorrow with this and get the price guides updated accordingly.

Once I have a definite answer as to Lycamobile specifically for this thread, I will be able to see if there has been any changes or we need to report an issue with the service not working.

Alex 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@belowlight  The solution at present is to have credit on your account to pay for the calls to Lycra mobile.   

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Ok I’ve just found this 

What usage is included in my Add-On or Pack allowance ?

Calls and texts to many of the most popular UK mobile numbers are included in your Add-On or Pack allowance. Inclusive calls currently include (but are not limited to) calls to the UK mobile numbers allocated to the national UK GSM cellular network operators EE, T-Mobile, Orange, Hutchinson 3G, 02, and Vodafone. On pay as you go, calls to one of the mobile virtual network operators (MVNOs) exclusively using numbers allocated to these UK GSM cellular network operators (e.g. Virgin, Tesco, Lebara) are also included, as well as calls to most other MVNO number ranges, such as those currently allocated to LycaMobile

that can be found HERE and according to this you can call Lycra mobile from your pack allowance.  This is the latest PAYG price guide dated Available from 13th of July 2018.

I’ll just add this though this could of changed in the last week or so and we know EE are not quick at updating the online guides.  

by belowlight Investigator
Investigator

Since when? Over the weekend I was calling Lyca numbers just fine, and suddenly this morning aparently they aren't included as part of my bundle.

Not sure about 0744 specifically, Lyca Mobile appears to use the 074xx range.

What a strange decision to arbitrarily not let your customers make calls to Lyca users. That discludes about a 3rd of my contacts on my phone, and I'm in no way prepared to pay extra, especially EE's extortionate rates that apply without a bundle, in order to phone them and get the same service I was receiving a couple of days ago.

Do you understand that for a customer - I do not care what provider is virtual or not - I just want to make calls to people. And a lot of people have Lyca mobiles (because they're very good value for money). I can't see how they should be treated any differently to people on 3 Mobile, or Vodaphone. It's all the same to me - just let me call them! What a ridiculous decision to treat any of them differently.

I suspect I will not be the only customer that is severely dissatisfied with this change. Please remedy the situation EE?!

At the very least you could provide some notice to your customers that you're making a fundamental limitation to the calls we can make using PAYG bundles. You text me every couple of days with these stupid £5 bundle offers, so you can at least have the courtesy of texting me to let me know my phone is being limited.

I'm on a low income and simply cannot afford to put extra credit on my phone, and now am unable to make calls to my family - this caught me completely off guard this morning when I really needed to contact my Dad and was unable to make the call. Thanks a lot guys - not the kind of premium service I expect from EE at all.

Your "solution" of putting more money on my phone felt quite sarcastic too - totally inappropriate given my predicament.

I'll give this issue another 24 hours and then will have to switch to another network, because this is just unacceptable for me. It's made my phone pretty much useless. A real shame since I've spent the past 2 years building up my free boosts to a level that your bundles now feel just about competitive with other providers.

With sadness,

Richard.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@belowlight wrote:

Lyca Mobile appears to use the 074xx range.

Only a few of them - see https://www.area-codes.org.uk/mobile/#074 .

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by

Good Afternoon @belowlight and @hermione5445

Can you confirm if the above is still on going?

Are you able to now successfully call those numbers?

Katie 🙂

by belowlight Investigator
Investigator

Hi Katie_B,

Thanks very much for getting back in touch to follow up and see if this is still an issue - it's nice to see you guys care about resolving this issue.

I can confirm that it is now all sorted out.

A few days ago I raised the problem with one of your colleagues over on Twitter, who reported it to your technical support team and have since got back to me to say it was resolved and to try the numbers in question to see if they work.

And they do indeed work fine.

So we're now able to call Lyca Mobile numbers from EE PAYG using minutes included in a bundle once again.

Not really sure why it stopped being supported - but not that fussed really. So long as I can call my family again (they're all on Lyca), I'm happy as I had been disconnected from them for a good 5-6 days. They're elderly and need a lot of support so you can imagine it made life very difficult.

Thanks again for your support toward a resolution, and for checking back.

I hope you have a great weekend there.

Sincerely,

Richard

by

Hi @belowlight,

I'm glad you are up and running and back in contact with your family 🙂

Thanks for coming back and letting us know. 

Come back to the community any time.

Have a great weekend 🙂

Alex

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance & it is now sorted.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.