by hermione5445 Contributor
Contributor

saying not enough credit when i have a bundle

I have a bundle which has been working fine the past week now not letting me make calls or texts to a 07 mobile number and when i text for my balance its telling me i have minutes and unlimited texts?

28 REPLIES 28
Contributor

pay as you go

Im on pay as you go and have my usual bundle thats been working the past week and now ive gone to make a call and send text messages its saying not enough credit, its a 07 mobile number too. Then when i log into my EE account it tells me i have minutes and texts?

Contributor

saying not enough credit

I have a bundle which has been working fine the past week now not letting me make calls or texts to a 07 mobile number and when i text for my balance its telling me i have minutes and unlimited texts?

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: saying not enough credit when i have a bundle

Hi, @hermione5445,

Sorry to hear you're having problems! Can you give CS a call as they would be better to help with this issue! 😊

Regards

mAh8v

Contributor

Thanks. I am in work at my desk is there not a live chat available?

Highlighted
by Profile closed
Not applicable

by Grand Master
Grand Master

What are the 1st 5 digits of the 07 no. you are calling?

There is no Live Chat for PAYG users.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Contributor

It is 07448

by Grand Master
Grand Master

That's a Lycamobile no. I believe that might count as an overseas no. which your UK pack does not cover calling or texting from the UK.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Contributor

I know but i have made many texts and phone calls to this number but just suddenly its not working? 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Ah, OK, that's different. I suggest you call CS on the landline nos. in my sig. You'll need to have at least 25p credit to call them.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: saying not enough credit

@hermione5445  Calls to some MVNO networks are chargeable at 35p a minute.  When you called this number in the past did it use credit that you had on your account?  As I’m sure Lycra mobile are not covered by your pack allowance and are chargeable. 

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

How many minutes do you have remaining?

Contributor

Re: saying not enough credit

Nope it just used my usual minutes and texts 

Contributor

I have over 300  minutes left

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @hermione5445.

Do you know which bundle you have?

What do you get back if you text AL to 150?

Jon

Contributor

Yes it is the £15 one; 500 Minutes, 5GB data and unlimited texts

by belowlight Investigator
Investigator

I have experienced the exact same / very similar problem to this today (Monday 4th February. 2019).

However, it appears that I am able to make calls to all numbers except to Lyca Mobile numbers. Whenever I try to call a Lyca Mobile number, I am getting a recorded message saying that I do not have enough credit to make a call.

However, I currently have a bundle running on my PAYG account with 285 minutes available (I have just text AL to 150 to confirm). My balance is £0.00 though, so I presume it is trying to charge me for a call to a Lyca number.

Are EE no longer including calls to Lyca Mobile numbers within its calling bundles? And if so, why was I not informed of this change?

This is very inconvenient. Can you let me know if there is going to be a solution provided?

Thanks,

Richard

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @hermione5445 and @belowlight,

Calling numbers 0744 are not included in your allowance with your pay as you go pack.

All of the non standard chargeable numbers on pay as you go are listed in our price guide.

Although minutes and texts are available on your account within your pack, you would need to have credit available to call Lycamobile.

Alex 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Alex_S wrote:

Calling numbers 0744 are not included in your allowance with your pay as you go pack.

All of the non standard chargeable numbers on pay as you go are listed in our price guide.

Where in the Price Guides are 0744 nos. said to be chargeable? Please give a quote so we can work out where.

All the Price Guides say is that 070 nos. are chargeable & that Calls & Text messages to certain MNVO numbers are chargeable w/out being at all certain which these certain nos are. Not much certainty there then!

Anyway how does that explain how these 2 users used to be able to call/text Lycamobile nos & now can't?

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.