by cyltie

retrieving old number

Hello all; I am a current EE customer (PAYG) and started on my present SIM a year or so ago. Unfortunately, my email address (Outlook.com) was associated with my previous number (unbeknownst to me), also EE, to which I haven't had access for maybe 2 years now.

Since a random security check 9 months ago I have been locked out of my email and gradually lost access to all sorts of things from social networks and games to work contacts and Cloud storage while I've attempted to battle Microsoft for access to my email. As I have consistently lost I've committed obscene amounts of time to this and the only way Microsoft will assure me access to my email (and thus all the other accounts, data, and purchases associated therewith) is if I can get a hold of the original number. I have tried going into EE stores and had no success, and when I ring the number it is not currently in use.

Can someone please suggest a way that I can receive a code via this number, be that purchasing it again or through EE support somehow. When I try to use the live chat etc., I get sent round in circles. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
by Legend
Legend

Re: retrieving old number

Hi @cyltie

Not sure what you are trying to ask. If you are looking for an EE number you had two years ago then you have no chance as it's likely recycled by now.

I suggest you set up a new email address. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @cyltie.

Welcome to the EE Community.

As @Northerner has mentioned, if you no longer own that number it will of been recycled on the system.

If Microsoft can't/won't reinstate your account, you'd be best setting up a new one.

Jon

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, set up a new email addy, even on Outlook.com. Most sites allow you to change your registered email addy with them by sending verifications to the new addy, w/out heed to the old 1.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.