by aushelleybean Investigator
Investigator

You're rubbish and I'm leaving!

Dear EE,

I wanted to let you know how rubbish you are, and why I'm leaving you (and also why I'm venting this into the community).

I joined the EE network in November. I tried to send an MMS and received the message "Service not activated on network". Contacted EE via chat on the website. After about 20 minutes, I'm told that they can't help and that I need to call 150 from my handset to fix the problem.

Called 150 and, after going through yet more automation, I'm told that the call will cost 25p and I will have to top up before I can get help. I hung up and redialled your 0800 number - which is suppoed to be FREE from mobiles - but again I'm told it'll cost me 25p. How do you get away with that??

I then tried to send this as a complaint to you, using the onine form and - surprise - the form would not send.

All of this, wasting my time, and still the problem isn't fixed. I shouldn't have to jump through hoops, go round in circles on automated phone calls, answer a bunch of security questions in chat, only to be passed from pillar to post and in the end can't get a resolution unless I pay you extra for it... Are you joking?!

MMS should be a standard feature, not something I have to waste nearly an hour of my time trying to sort out. And not something I should have to top up, just to pay you to fix.

It even took me over 12 hours to post this message to the community, because your server was so incredibly slow in sending me a confirmation email that I had to wait overnight. It's really the icing on the cake! What kind of company is this?? A circus, it would seem. I'm outta here, see ya!

16 REPLIES
by Legend
Legend

Re: You're rubbish and I'm leaving!

Hi @aushelleybean

There are hundreds of threads explaining how to set this service up on this forum. I'm sure if you had searched you would have found the answers you needed.

First thing you need to do is make sure you have enough credit/correct pack to send MMS messages and then make sure you have the correct settings for your device.

Good luck with your new carrier. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Maestro
Maestro

To be fair to the OP, though, you shouldn't need to set up standard network stuff yourself like MMS.  It should be done automatically and should just work like SMS does.

Also EE are one the few remaining PAYG networks that still charge to speak to CS.  That is nothing but pure greed in this day and age.

Investigator

I'm not leaving because I 'couldn't be bothered' to look in the forum. I'm leaving because:

1. All packs should include MMS, surely? Even if they are counted as 2 SMS messages
  2. I shouldn't have to waste time searching forums for something that should be set up as standard
  3. I certainly shouldn't have to pay to speak to my own carrier, for anything - by the way, you didn't explain how you get away with charging for that when I dialled the 0800 number?
  4. Your complaints form didn't work and I had to wait over 12 hours to post it on here

It's a shambles, from beginning to end.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@aushelleybean ring 0800 956 6000 and it will get you through to customer services for free.

by Legend
Legend

@aushelleybean

Did you not research EE before joining?

@jmitchel 

I don't disagree but that's the point of the community to find out how to solve problems. The automatic settings don't always work especially with imported handsets. 

As I mentioned above I research before swapping services to ensure those services meet my needs, yes EE still charge for calling CS but they don't hide this fact and it's something you need to consider before joining. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @aushelleybean

I'm sorry to hear that you've decided to leave EE.

Although MMS is usually set up as standard, sometimes you have to configure the phone to have the correct settings, which I see has been pointed out here since you originally posted.

Live chat is currently a pay monthly service, which is probably why they asked you to call. Calls to customer services cost 25p per call for EE pay as you go customers.

I understand how upset you are by this. If you wish to make a complaint, you can find information on how to do so on our make a complaint help page.

Chris

by Maestro
Maestro

The 0800 number doesn't work for PAYG accounts because it asks for your mobile number and as soon as it sees you are PAYG, it gives you a message saying 25p will be deducted from your EE PAYG balance if you connect to a CS agent!

again.......nothing but pure un-necessary greed from EE.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@aushelleybean if you got access to a landline it's free 

Investigator

@David_C Not if you ring it from your EE mobile phone. I don't have a landline, unfortunately

@Northerner No, I didn't research beforehand because I have been living abroad. When I had to return home unexpectedly, I just needed a SIM card that worked in my phone and EE is all that was available in the shop 

Highlighted
by snowdog37 Investigator
Investigator

12 hours to send a message - are you still using dial up?

by

Hi @snowdog37,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Is it SMS messages you are having problems with?

Thanks

James

Investigator

No, it's MMS (Picture messaging)
Investigator

No. I had to sign up to the EE community to write this post, but I didn't
get my verification link email from this website (please click this link to
verify your account) for 12 hours. Thus, I couldn't post for 12 hours.
by

Hi @aushelleybean,

Sorry for the confusion, I was just checking to see if @snowdog37 was having problems with sending messages.

Thanks

James

by RKB Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@aushelleybean wrote:

I'm not leaving because I 'couldn't be bothered' to look in the forum. I'm leaving because:

1. All packs should include MMS, surely? Even if they are counted as 2 SMS messages
  2. I shouldn't have to waste time searching forums for something that should be set up as standard
  3. I certainly shouldn't have to pay to speak to my own carrier, for anything - by the way, you didn't explain how you get away with charging for that when I dialled the 0800 number?
  4. Your complaints form didn't work and I had to wait over 12 hours to post it on here

It's a shambles, from beginning to end.

OP, I suspect that you will be unhappy with whichever service provider you are with. I think that you will always encounter problems, rant, jump ship and then repeat your experience.

Thus, maybe you'll be better off resolving this one and remaining with EE. Oh, and learn to chill. And don't react to my response like you've reacted to your experience with EE. 

-------------------------------------------------
I'm an ex PC, home phone & BB user.
I'm now a Mob phone & Tablet user.
Investigator

1. Please don't advise me how to feel or how to react, I'm not here for Life Coaching
  2. Tesco Mobile is a breeze in comparison
  3. It's taken me 10 minutes to log in, to write this. I couldn't remember my password, but when I clicked on the 'reset password' button, the website told me I had to be logged in to do that (um...??). Then, I remembered my password. Yet another example of incompetence. EE is a HUGE company and they've been around for a while now. They should not have all these annoying little glitches that add up to a big BAD user experience. They have had long enough to iron them out.  
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.