by jacklx Investigator
Investigator

Worrying Text Message

I'm 81, I have a pay as you go mobile phone which started with T Mobile and now seems to be with EE. Today I received a text from EE telling me my T Mobile account is closing on Feb 28th which included a web address which I've used to arrive here. I understand that I can no longer top up etc. 'on line' but need to register a debit/credit card and use the 150 number. How do I do register the card? Are the Pay as You Go conditions the same as before or have there been changes resulting in the need to invest every month as one can only 'GO' for 28 days without spending more? If this is the case will I be able to have my outstanding credit refunded after Feb 28th as I don't intend to top up monthly? Three questions.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Worrying Text Message

As said it is just the online access to your T-M a/c that is going on 28 Feb. See Get help with other ways to manage your account .

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @jacklx

Welcome to the EE Community,

Your T-Mobile Pay as you go account will remain active it's just the online access that is being removed for T-Mobile customers.

everything else will stay the same.

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

As said it is just the online access to your T-M a/c that is going on 28 Feb. See Get help with other ways to manage your account .

__________________________________________________________________________________________
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by jacklx Investigator
Investigator

Many thanks, reply pasted into my T-mobile folder for future reference. I guess I'll have to phone 150 to register my card. I'm not much of a mobile phone user, only for emergencies. Not only that I'm quite deaf so hope whoever's at the pther end at 150 is patient.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @jacklx

Thanks for coming to the community, glad you got the help you needed.

If you struggle to hear or speak on the phone, The Next Generation Text (NGT) Service and NGT Lite App http://ngts.org.uk can help if you need to call us.

To contact us directly using either the new Next Generation Text Service or the original Text Relay Service dial 18001 in front of the following long dial number:

T-Mobile customers - 07953 966 150

A full list of destinations and pricing can be found here.

Or, you can use the text service @XRaySpeX has provided 🙂

Leanne.

by jacklx Investigator
Investigator

Another reply. I thought I might have problems. I've visited the website to see the list of available services. I've phoned both the landline and 150 numbers. It seems I have to register my debit card to enable future top-ups. There seems to be no option to achieve this. Is there a number I can ring to talk to a human in order to give him/her my debit card details?

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @jacklx

I will see what we can do to help you get this added to your account. 

You will have a private message from me on here for some details.

Speak soon, Leanne 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.