Highlighted
by A1M Investigator
Investigator

Where is my credit?

I ordered a SIM card with a £5 everything pack from the EE website on 11 April and it arrived the next day. In the letter sent was the SIM card, a top up card, a start guide, and a bit of paper explaining the £5 top up. I put my SIM card in my phone and activated it the day it came (12 April). However, I have neither the £5 in credit nor the £5 everything pack. I only have the 50 MB initial allowance add-on.

It says on the bit of paper "your £5 top up will be added to your account within two days", but it's been more than two days since it was dispatched and has been two days since the SIM was activated so I'm wondering when it starts counting from. I tried googling this and have only found two people mention this. One post had no replies, the other had to top up even more to get their credit.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: Where is my credit?

Morning @A1M

Thanks for posting on the community.

I am sorry to hear your credit has not been added to your account.

I have sent you a private message on here to get some details.

Leanne 🙂

12 REPLIES 12
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Did you pay £5 for this SIM or was it a free SIM primed with a £5 pack?

What does texting AL to 150 report? 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by A1M Investigator
Investigator

It was a free SIM primed with a £5 pack. Texting AL to 150 reports "Your current balance as of today 16:24 is £0.00". The same balance shows on the website and app as well.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

As it's the free SIM you need to Top-up yourself before the pack can start. You don't get something for nothing. It is only primed with a pack awaiting your Top-up. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by A1M Investigator
Investigator

Then what did I pay EE £5 for?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

I thought you said it was free? If you paid EE £5 you should have £5 credit. If you paid nowt it is you that needs to Top-up. 

by A1M Investigator
Investigator

The SIM card was free (as it should be), but I purchased it with a £5 everything pack (as stated in my original post). I made this post because it's been 3 days and I've not got any credit, despite EE taking the money from my bank account.

This is where I got it from:

https://shop.ee.co.uk/sim-only/pay-as-you-go-phones

Click £5, then "choose this pack" on the first option.

I now currently have no phone plan active at the moment, so I may need to make another purchase from my current provider.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

In that case you did pay EE £5 & therefore should have £5 credit. You need to phone EE to find out what's happened to it.

by A1M Investigator
Investigator

I know, but I made this post here because I can't call 150 when I've got no credit. I don't really want to give EE more money until I find out where my £5 has got to, or in case it disappears as well.

You have a free phone number in your signature. Would that be a number I could call to resolve this without spending anything? If not, what are my options?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You could try it but I think it wants 25p as it asks for your no. More likely is calling customer Services on +44 800 956 6000 (option 2, option 4) . It does not ask for your no. & I think does not charge.

by
Solution

Morning @A1M

Thanks for posting on the community.

I am sorry to hear your credit has not been added to your account.

I have sent you a private message on here to get some details.

Leanne 🙂

by A1M Investigator
Investigator

I PMed Leanne with my details and then almost immediately I got a call from EE. That call from EE lasted less than a minute and my credit was updated to £5 while I was in the call. I'm not sure why it happened in the first place, but I'm impressed at how quickly it was resolved.

by

Great news @A1M

Happy to hear you have got this sorted 🙂

Have a lovely day.

Leanne.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.