by Ibs
Explorer

Re: What is pay as you go hibernation and how can I stop it?

What happens after 273 days exactly? will I only loose the credit on it or both the number and the credit on it both for good? can you clarify it please if you can?

Thanks

by
EE Employee

Hi @lbs

The information can be found below:

"If we don’t hear from you after 273 days we’ll assume that you no longer wish to keep the account and we will recycle the number and all credit remaining would be lost"

Many thanks,

Lee

by Robbie123
Visitor

What is the number to phone to reinstate a dormant phone

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Robbie123: See the nos. in my sig., but EE systems are down at the mo'.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 0207 362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC = 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Ljoskur92
Explorer

Hy everyone, I am in Germany at the moment and will be returning to the UK in May. I needed my phone for another sim card and therefore my EE card went into hibernation. I tried calling the customer service but my EE number is not recognized anymore, same goes for my "myee account" as there seems to be no registration anymore and the system does not recognize my number. Does this mean, that my SIM card is not ony deactivated but already recycled, including my number an credit?

Thank you very much, best wishes, Claudi

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Ljoskur92,

Welcome to the EE Community.

How long has your EE SIM card been out of use for?

Thanks

James

by Ljoskur92
Explorer

Hi James, thank you so much for your help!

I guess my number and credit are gone. I tried following back my last top-ups by scanning my bank account and e-mails as my old text messages got lost the moment my phone crashed some time ago.

The last topup I can find has been at the end of January 2017 - I guess I really forgot to send a text/top up etc. before I changed SIM cards.

Oh dear - I would not have thought that my last topup has been so long ago...so after 179 days it would have been around June/July - adding 90 days -> around October? After these 90 days number and credit are gone, right? So I guess I'll just have to get a new SIM card as soon as I am back in the UK Smiley Happy

Best wishes, Claudia

by

No problem @Ljoskur92

I'm sorry your account has now been deactivated.

You can pick up a new SIM from any EE store when you are next in the UK.

Best wishes to you too. Smiley Happy

James

by Profile closed
Not applicable

How can I call 150 if my phone is in hibernation?

by
EE Employee

Hi @Profile closed and welcome to the community.

You can call 150 from another EE handset or please get in touch using an alternative phone.

Hope this helps,

Lee

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

If you have no phone access to call use “let’s chat” here: 

Live Chat/Complaints  https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/make-a-complaint 

*Easiest way to find info is*
EE HELP SEARCH https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new

Phone +447953 966 250

Live Chat/Complaints https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/make-a-complaint

Complaints Code of Practice https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/safety-and-security/protecting-your-information/complaints-code-of-practice
by
EE Employee

Hi @JayDal,

Live chat is unavailable to pay as you go customers.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Complaints LIVE CHAT is available to all - big fat porkies reflect on the EE brand. 

All telecom related complaints follow the U.K. telecom regulator Ofcom - Complaints Code of Conduct - it’s not just a EE thing, it is enforced on every U.K. telecom operator - and thus PAYG enquiries are dealt/recorded with via complaints LIVE CHAT - when a customer says “COMPLAINT” EE and all other telecom companies are duty bound by Ofcom to record it in such official capacity, not try to stop it being actioned as per the customers request. EE cannot decide if it’s PAYG customers are treated lesser than contract as per Ofcom Code of Complaints CONDUCT. 

Registering a complaint is registering a complaint, there is a regulator enforced protocol not EE (or any other telecom) protocol that can lesser that protocol and be in compliance with Ofcom regulation, and thus its Ofcom telecom licence. 

Phone +447953 966 250

Complaints Code of Practice https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/safety-and-security/protecting-your-information/complaints-code-of-practice
by
EE Employee

Hi @JayDal

The issue the customer has is not a complaint though its a general customer services procedure.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

People don’t register/login to help forums to not complain, the OP has a complaint - her phones isn’t working in roaming like it’s meant to, you don’t categorise that as a customer service issue you categorise that as a customer complaining (rightfully so) their service isn’t working as they and EE expect, you seem to misunderstand the crux of a community forum - EE staff here can’t even help as you have no account access, people come here assuming you do as it’s a EE official website. 

So the OP is here complaining her inclusive EU roaming isn’t working because they can’t call, you evaluate this isn’t acceptable and you don’t ask them to login to my EE acccount from a public WiFi hotspot, you direct them to where they are not willingly risking their data being breached - LIVE CHAT that does not ask to be logged into over a unsecure public WiFi, as it happens that also happens (by EE design) to be the COMPLAINTS channel LIVE CHAT, one stone - two birds. 

Sign in to EE accounts on non BT public WiFi? That’s crazy talk, you shouldn’t ask a customer to login from public WiFi to get to LIVE CHAT because staff here don’t have account access - if BT won’t give you forum staff account access you really think they want to give sensitive login data access to anyone to access a EE account when customers are using the WWW on a public WiFi hotspot to access MyEE. 

Phone +447953 966 250

by jemand Investigator
Investigator

I did not realise I had not used my PAYG mobile number for so long, so was surprised to discover I could not make or receive calls. I subsequently discovered that my T-Mobile number had been hibernated on 7th August.

It appears that I did not receive any notification from EE because my mobile was not switched on at the time the text was sent, so the process went ahead without my knowledge.

When dialling 150, I received a message stating there were insufficient funds on my account for the call to be connected.  The credit on the account had been removed, because of the hibernation, but I thought calls to 150 were free. It was not possible to call 150, so your statement "If you want to reinstate the number and credit, give us a call on 150" is only valid if you have an alternative T-Mobile/Orange/EE SIM.

The statement "we can reinstate both the number and the credit" implies that EE actually keep a record of the amount of credit on the account at the time of hibernation, but that is not the case. I was informed that in accordance with the terms and conditions the balance was forfeited after 180 days of inactivity. I spent nearly an hour on the phone (fortunately not on the 0845 number) trying to get my credit back. I had no proof of the amount, and had to settle for an estimated amount. This could have been resolved much more easily if EE kept a record of the amount.

I shall put this down to experience. It won't happen again.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@jemand: I would have thought that EE do keep the credit on the a/c but as the SIM is deactivated you can't enquire of it but they can.

Strictly speaking according to the T&C's there is no 90-day grace period after the SIM is 1st deactivated. Once 180 days has passed that's it - finale!

6.3 You must make a Connection Action at least once every 180 days. If You do not, Your SIM Card will be disconnected from the Network and You will not be able to use the Services. You will lose Your mobile phone number and any Credit on Your Account at the time of such disconnection will be forfeited.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 0207 362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC = 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by jemand Investigator
Investigator

@XRaySpeX

Although the terms and conditions do not mention a period of hibernation after 180 days of inactivity before permanent deactivation, they do not state that permanent deactivation would occur immediately after 180 days either.

I contacted EE 10 days after hibernation was initiated, EE no longer had a record of the amount of credit on my account, and hence the amount reinstated was estimated.

If as a result of my oversight the SIM had been permanently deactivated after 180 days, then I would have accepted that was my fault. However, I do not feel there is any justification for EE stating (in the terms and conditions) that the credit is forfeited. That ought only to be the case if they are unable to trace you, e.g. because your contact details (mailing address, email address, etc) are no longer valid. Based on my experience, EE are agreeing to reinstate the credit during the hibernation period, but are not keeping a record of the amount, which is ludicrous.

Anyway, I’m happy that it’s reactivated. I shall make sure I use it, and avoid a repeat of this hassle.

by dmac2
Visitor

I have to say I'm very unimpressed by this. 

My elderly (89 years old) aunt seems to be another person in a long line of people who have received no prior warning from EE (which, as stated on the hibernation info page, would be in the form of a text) about her phone being cut off and her money lost. Aboslutely nothing at all.

Her PAYG phone was for emergencies, which is pretty important at 89. Imagine her panic when one of these occured and she discovered the phone is inactive. She had no way of contacting anybody. Phone inactive and her money gone. 

I am disgusted that this has occurred without the notification that EE says they will provide. An old lady has had her money and her lifeline taken. Thanks a lot, EE.

by

Good Morning @dmac2

I have sent you a private message if you could please take a look and get back to me. 

Thanks, Katie Smiley Happy

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.