iPhone X
    Order now
x
by ExpatPR Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Using Top Up Card at a local shop

I know that I need a UK credit or debit card to top up using the EE app or online. Does anyone know if I can use the EE Top Up card at a local shop or EE store with a non UK credit or debit card?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: Using Top Up Card at a local shop

Morning @ExpatPR.

I have checked with the retail team and they can only accept UK cards in EE retail stores.

Thanks.

12 REPLIES
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi,

You can top up with e voucher

An E-voucher is a card or receipt printed with a unique 16-digit voucher number. 
You can get them from EE stores and over 100,000 shops around the UK, anywhere you see the top-up logo.

Top up with an E-voucher:

I hope you get your answer,

Many Thanks

Established Contributor

Are you saying that I can buy an E-voucher with a non UK credit card? That would work too. I thought I had to use the Top Up card that came with the SIM. I bought an E-voucher from an online site to get me started it. I was just thinking ahead in case I needed a quick Top Up while walking around. Thanks for the response. 

by

Hello there @ExpatPR.

Please see ways to top up

This will show you all the ways you can top up with us.

Thanks.

Established Contributor

Thank you for proving the Top Up link but I had seen that before. The question is, would a shop, or EE store, accept a non UK credit card when topping up with a Top Up card or buying an E-voucher. I know I can use a non UK card at www.mobiletopup.co.uk to to buy a voucher. It would be more convenient to walk I to a shop and buy one. 

by
Solution

Morning @ExpatPR.

I have checked with the retail team and they can only accept UK cards in EE retail stores.

Thanks.

Established Contributor

Thank you. That saves me a trip to an EE store. 

by

No problem at all @ExpatPR.

I wanted to make sure for you Smiley Happy 

by AndyWhite007 Investigator
Investigator

I would never trust a single thing EE say. There's no way of finding out until your bill arrives.

by GWS Investigator
Investigator

Hi-

i have the same problem as you describe.  EE's answer is incorrect.  

I have no trouble at all using my US credit card at Tesco's to top up my EE account.  Simply go to the service counter, hand over your top up card and credit card, and tell the clerk how much you'd like to apply.  In no time at all your EE account is topped up.  If you don't have your top up card, you can still buy an e-voucher similarly using your credit card - the only difference is you get a receipt with an e-voucher number which you have to text to EE, or key into EE's site, or the mobile app.

Certainly not as convenient as having the card registered (perhaps EE will enter the 21st century someday soon), but still can be done!

Established Contributor

GWS, thank you for the information. That's what I thought. One more question. Is there a service charge? I can buy an e-voucher online with my US card, they do charge £.99 but it works and is convenient. I do have enough credit left after my visit to keep the phone active from the US.

by GWS Investigator
Investigator

Hi -

I have never been assessed a service charge (at Tesco's) for using my US credit card to top up. Of course, there is a small currency conversion fee by the card issuer (Citibank) as usual for any charge made other than in USD. I have not topped up anywhere else, so I cannot say if Tesco's no-fee practice is typical.

Established Contributor

There's always the conversion to my local currency. Luckily for me my bank does not charge a conversion fee or foreign transaction fee. 

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.