by andypan Investigator
Investigator

TOP ON ERROR, MONEY TAKEN NO CREDIT (NOT IN UK)

Hi,

I am currently traveling in Geremy, and plan to buy a £44 30GB/90 days pack.

I tried to top on via phone online and website via Mac, but failed so many times, and only two times are successful....I don't know what the reason, it's so difficult to top on

I used non-UK/EU credit card, below is the record of topping on....most are failed...but 2 times are successful

3/2/2019 top on £44...failed...shows "unexpected error" and said "Sorry, there is an unexpected error. Please try again"

...trys like 5 times later........try to top on small amount like £5 or £10

2/3/2019 top on £5...succeed and received top on credit and text notification immediately

2/3/2019 top on £10...succeed and received top on credit and text notification immediately

2/3/2019 top on £10...started failed again

...try serval times later...All failed as unexpected error

BTW, all above payment are proceeded sucessfully and been credicted by bank

Tried texting "AL" to 150, always shows current balance £15.

Also I have tried to top on via texting CR XXXX $$, but only got replied "There appers to be a problem with your request. Please call us on 150 and we'll be happy to help"

And I called "150", but failed, not sure if it's because I am not in UK or it's Sunday today. So I got £15 now in my current credit....

Tried to solve this, but after googling many solution and the PAYG threads, seems happened very many times of the top on error with other users....and not solved yet

Thanks for reading, I just want to change to another service after using this £15 if the top on fails again, it's quite a disater...

11 REPLIES 11
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: TOP ON ERROR, MONEY TAKEN NO CREDIT (NOT IN UK)

@andypan  You need to use a UK credit/debt card.  Your lucky that you even managed to get that one to work twice.  

And if if you have credit you need to call EE customer services in open hours, which they now are. 

by andypan Investigator
Investigator

@Chris_B

I don't think we must need a UK credit card as the "help with top on" said that "We accept UK and international Visa. Master....."

So the problem is not about my credit card, bescuase I have used to top on in UK before with my friend's EE acount with the same card.

And the band has proceed the transaction, so the payment is 100% workable.

My guess is that EE side has somehow not received some certifiction of toppong on  sucessfully......and so many people on the thread had the same issue over years...

Thank you though

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Is the registered address of your non-UK/EU credit card in the UK?

Were the successful top-ups by one method & the unsuccessful ones by others? Did you use the method of calling 360?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by andypan Investigator
Investigator

@XRaySpeX

1) card registed address is not in UK, but I used Airbnb address in UK when ee asked to type the billing address

2) unsuccessful and successful top on is all using ee website to  top on via phone with same card

however, I looked through the thread, many people which are located in UK are unable to top on successfully sometimes. So I think it's not the problem at the payment part.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Chris_B: This shows you can use a non-UK card as long as you can quote a UK billing addy. The Country drop-down only offers "UK".

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by andypan Investigator
Investigator

@XRaySpeX

If you saying that I need a card that registed address is in the U.K.?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

No, I'm not saying that. I was pointing out it worked for you with non-UK cards if you give a UK billing addy.

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Afternoon @andypan

We accept Visa, MasterCard and Maestro UK credit and debit cards as well as International cards.

Are you able to get in touch so we can look into this further for you? If you are currently abroad you can give us a call on +44 7953 966 250.

Katie 🙂

by andypan Investigator
Investigator

@Katie_B

If this is the only way to contact customer service? If there is an online customer service?

If you are able to look into the top on system or have someone to check it? Thanks

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Katie_B wrote:We accept Visa, MasterCard and Maestro UK credit and debit cards as well as International cards.

But only if you give a UK billing addy, which seems to work going by OP's experience. The form does not allow anything but UK addys, so you can't supply the true registered addy of the card. Why is that?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

There is no Live Chat for PAYG users.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.