Highlighted
by
Explorer

Sim-Only Upgrade

Hi,

So I've just used my upgrade to order the current 12 month Sim-only deal with unlimited calls/texts and 8GB of data.

Just wondering what happens to my current sim once the new one is ordered and delivered?

As I understand it as I have now upgraded I will only get billed for the new sim at £19.99 monthly and the sim I currently have (which I have upgraded) I will no longer get billed for.

Is this correct? Anyone who has upgraded their sim before any information would be greatly appreciated.
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
Star Contributor
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rrain275
‎15-07-2016 04:36 AM

Re: Sim-Only Upgrade

Hi,
If you upgrade your contract then you just have to pay for your new contract and as you upgrade your number will be remain same.
Many Thanks
3 REPLIES
by
Star Contributor
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rrain275
‎15-07-2016 04:36 AM

Hi,
If you upgrade your contract then you just have to pay for your new contract and as you upgrade your number will be remain same.
Many Thanks
by
Explorer

Thanks for the reply.

I am just unsure how it works because I currently am on a SIM only contract and am just upgrading to a different SIM only contract.

I assumed that EE would just make the changes needed to the current sim already in my phone but it appears they are sending a new SIM card to my house.

I just want to make sure I am not going to be charged for both these SIM cards as what I ordered was an 'upgrade' and not an additional SIM. As I understand It when I activate the new SIM then that will take over my current deal and I will only get billed for the 'upgrade' from then forward.
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Rrain275

Welcome to community and thanks for posting Smiley Happy

All the information you need and how to activate your new SIM can be found here

When you upgrade you are only charged for one SIM as it will be the same number, so please don't worry.

Have a fabulous weekend.

Richard

Smiley Happy

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.