cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Pack don't start immediately after top-up

Rangergogogo
Investigator
Investigator

I purchased a £15 SIM card to my boss who is in Italy now. He has been using a week until reaching data limit, then he went to top-up by £15 more yesterday. After that, he is still not able to use mobile data.  From the site add-on.ee.co.uk, his account show a message "Your pack will start again on 04/03/2019".  He can see the current credit is £15.  How to activate the pack immediately?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Rangergogogo: What is happening is:

1. The current pack doesn't expire until 03/03/2019.
  2. Its data has run out.
  3. But the next pack isn't due to be bought until 04/03/2019.
  4. You have topped up the necessary amount.
  5. But you haven't yet bought the next pack.
  6. Topping-up doesn't in itself buy a pack until the pack is due to be bought.

You should follow exactly the instructions you got back from the NOW:

1. Buy the pack you want, by texting DP15 to 150 if it is a Data Pack you want or whatever code of the pack you want.
  2. Now text NOW to 150 to get it started early.
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Rangergogogo
Investigator
Investigator

I purchased a £15 SIM card to my boss who is in Italy now. He has been using a week until reaching data limit, then he went to top-up by £15 more yesterday. After that, he is still not able to use mobile data.  From the site add-on.ee.co.uk, his account show a message "Your pack will start again on 04/03/2019".  He can see the current credit is £15.  How to activate the pack immediately?  Thanks in advance.

David
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hi @Rangergogogo

Welcome to the EE Community,

If you text NOW to 150 the pack should start.

Get a replied text:

"You already have a Pack, but if you would still like to start another one straight away, please text ALL PACKS to 150, buy a pack with your credit and then text NOW to 150."

How to re-activate the current pack immediately?

Rangergogogo
Investigator
Investigator

I purchased a £15 SIM card to my boss who is in Italy now. He has been using a week until reaching data limit, then he went to top-up by £15 more yesterday. After that, he is still not able to use mobile data.  From the site add-on.ee.co.uk, his account show a message "Your pack will start again on 04/03/2019".  He can see the current credit is £15.

After text NOW to 150, got a replied text:

"You already have a Pack, but if you would still like to start another one straight away, please text ALL PACKS to 150, buy a pack with your credit and then text NOW to 150."

How to activate the pack immediately?

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good Afternoon @Rangergogogo

I can see @David has provided you with some great information. 

I would recommend following the instructions provided on the text message you received. 

Please let me know the outcome and if you successfully activate your pack

Thanks, Katie 🙂

Katie_B

Good Afternoon @Rangergogogo

I have responded in your other thread

Katie 🙂

Katie_B

Hi @Rangergogogo

I have responded in your other thread

Katie 🙂

Hi Katie, 

However it doesn''t work.  Get a replied text:

I have current credit 15 pounds.  How to activate the Pack immediately?  Thanks

Katie_B

Thanks for confirming this @Rangergogogo

I would recommend contacting our mobile care team who can look at this further for you. 

They will also be able to activate your pack. 

Katie 🙂