by slp1 Investigator
Investigator

Ordering a new Orange multiSIM card

Hi.

I have an old Orange PAYG tariff that I am quite happy with. It's the old 'Out Here' package that offers 5 free texts per day for life, which is quite enough for my needs. I do not want to move to EE.

My husband has bought me a new mobile phone and I need a multiSIM card to fit into it.

I phoned up orange and they gave me the following link to order a new SIM card.

https://ee.co.uk/ee-and-me/order-a-new-sim

My question is:

If I order this new SIM card from this link, will I automatically be moved to EE?

I don't want to waste £10 to find out, nor do I want to lose my old Orange tariff.

Thanks for your help!

9 REPLIES 9
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Ordering a new Orange multiSIM card

Hi, 

No that link is just for ordering new sims. 

You could always buy a sim cutter from amazon/ebay and make your own if you want one faster. 

Thanks, 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @slp1 if you give customer service a call on 450 from your Orange phone or 07973 100 450 from any other they will be able to send out a replacement to you free of charge 🙂
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Profile closed the OP said they already called Orange who gave her the link. 

I was also unaware EE gave out new sims free over the phone as this is normally just in store (for now). 

Thanks, 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @Northerner @slp1 Orange sims are available free of charge from both customer service and EE stores for existing customers, new customers cannot order an Orange sim.

The community team looked into this not so long ago and confirmed they should still be being sent out @James_B
by slp1 Investigator
Investigator

Thank you both for your help. I really appreciate it.

I can confirm that I originally went into an EE store, where they told me to call Orange to ask for a new SIM. The man in the store said that my SIM was too large to cut down to the desired size.

I then phoned Orange, who reluctantly gave me the above link.

I don't mind paying for the new SIM if I can use my new phone on my original  tariff, but it would be great to have one for free.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @slp1 the store may not have had any in but should not be refusing to give them out to existing customers. Are you able to call customer service again?

If the agent won't/directs you elsewhere remind them that as an existing customer you are entitled to a replacement of the correct size and this has been confirmed on the EE community forum 🙂
by Profile closed
Not applicable

@slp1 this is not related to your query but just to let you know Orange are facing some issues at the moment:

Text service to 450

Online access through Your Orange

Magic numbers

Are currently not working properly. Orange are advising up to 72 hours for these to be fixed 🙂
by slp1 Investigator
Investigator

Thanks Tom, I will give them a call later (or in 72 hours!) and see what they say.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

🙂 you're welcome! @slp1 please come back and let one of us know if there is anything else you need in the meantime 🙂
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.