by richyrichy Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Orange PAYG to EE do calls expire

If I were to upgrade to EE PAYG packs after 30 days do the minutes/texts reset? 

I mean do do I have to pay every month to keep the allowance? At the moment on Orange my credit stays in the account until used.

I have the phone and hardly use it - so the EE packs seem that I’ll be paying for something I don’t need.

if I didn’t upgrade to EE Payg packs and kept my PAYG Orange account. What would this mean for topping up. I’m asking as I don’t think I will use up the EE PACK allowance each month and don’t want to pay a fiver each month if I can keep my existing pack. What are the EE 3G Payg tariffs?

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Orange PAYG to EE do calls expire

@richyrichy  You can have the same setup with EE has you now have with Orange, you don’t have to have packs of you don’t want to.   If/when you move to EE from the EE sim in the device just text STOP PACK to 150 and that’s it your not using packs but the same as you have now.  

EE for some unknown reason don’t make this available to see or find easily.  

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You won't be keeping your PAYG Orange account for much longer. You will be forcibly moved to EE 3G PAYG soon - see Orange pay as you go is moving to EE . With this plan you will inherit the free allowances rewarded just from topping-up.

When you are please follow the earlier recommendation of texting STOP PACK to 150 before ever topping-up.

EE PAYG Tariffs are to be found in EE pay as you go plans price guide .

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Established Contributor

So to upgrade an orange PAYG account- I have to pop into a store - upgrade to EE payg, buy a pack and cancel the payment after 30 days?

Im a little confused as I cannot see online or in store how to top u my PAYG account without purchasing either a 7 day or 30 day pack.

If I wanted to top up my payg account as I have been - How would I do this?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

It is confusing. You have 2 options.

1. Either you can just wait to be auto changed to EE 3G which will be soon. As soon as you get it immediately text STOP PACK to 150 to use your SIM as normal PAYG at standard rates.
  2. Or you can decide to change EE 4G yourself by just applying to Move to EE pay as you go . Just choose the Basic pay as you go Sim.

In either case you won't be spending anything extra.

Topping up with EE is easy; with options to top up online, over the phone or over the counter. Check out all the ways to top up . You don't need to buy any packs in order to top-up. Topping-up & buying packs are separate exercises.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @richyrichy.

I see @XRaySpeX has given you a few different options to stop you from buying packs that you don't want/need.

Let us know how you get on with this Smiley Happy

Jon

Highlighted
Established Contributor

Thanks for your help. 

So so if I continue to use my Orange PAYG mobile number with the Orange credit I have on the account -  this will continue to be deducted. 

Yet my mobile will default to be an EE PAYG account (3G) as I haven’t updated my SIM card to 4g. It shows EE as my provider on the phone screen. Though I understand the cost of the Payg call costs/text will change.

I don’t have to get a new Sim - as my phone isn’t 4G?

As I don’t want to lose my mobile number that I’ve had for years. 

Many thanks.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @richyrichy when your migrated to EE (3G) you will keep your Orange sim.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@richyrichy wrote:

I don’t have to get a new Sim - as my phone isn’t 4G?

As your phone isn't 4G, there is no point now in choosing to switch to a new EE 4G SIM plan. By doing nowt & staying on EE 3G you will continue to get your Orange Rewards which you won't get on EE 4G. However if you ever buy a 4G handset you might want to reconsider switching to EE 4G to get the 4G benefits of faster data.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.