Highlighted
by pamc54 Investigator
Investigator

Non UK credit card

I am hoping for anything. My original phone was stolen and I bought a UK prepaid while in UK. I am no longer in the UK and as per other old messages on topic I cannot top up with my non UK credit card. It seems prehistoric but ee's business is primarily in UK so too bad for anyone else. Never happened anywhere else in the world. I need to be able to top this up as it is now my main contact number for banks etc. Why can't they call me for a credit card or email me or send up smoke signals. This is extremely urgent for me
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Employee
Solution

Re: Non UK credit card

No problems @pamc54

I'm glad you are now sorted Smiley Happy

Many thanks,

Lee

9 REPLIES
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@pamc54: You can't do ad-hoc top-ups but you may do Recurring Top-Ups from EE . You don’t even need a UK bank account; you can set up a Recurring Top-Up with a card from abroad..

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 020 7362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @pamc54,

Welcome to the EE Community. Smiley Happy

If you call +44 (0) 7953 966 250, you can top up by credit or debit card, top up someone else’s phone or redeem an E-voucher.

We accept Visa, MasterCard and Maestro UK credit and debit cards as well as International cards.

We’ll ask you to set up a four-digit PIN code when you call for the first time. This will make topping up faster and more secure.

Hope this helps.

James

by pamc54 Investigator
Investigator

Thank you I will give the recurring a try and when I can borrow a phone I will try the number Cheers Pam
by pamc54 Investigator
Investigator

Hi James

Thank you

Again I will have to find domeone to borrow their phone. It would be helpful if that number let you do the top up without any credits.  Unfortunately it won't

Cheers

Pam

by pamc54 Investigator
Investigator

Hi again Tried the recurring top up but that too insists on a UK credit card. Thanks for trying. The whole thing is just plain stupid. Bought and topped up in other countries no problem.
by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Call and a human will process. Which is always the best way with EEs old antiquated systems in my experience. 

A nice shiny EE logo still has old Orange and T-Mobile hardware/software behind it. 

*Easiest way to find info is*
EE HELP SEARCH https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new

Phone +447953 966 250

Live Chat/Complaints https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/make-a-complaint

Complaints Code of Practice https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/safety-and-security/protecting-your-information/complaints-code-of-practice
by
EE Employee

Hi @pamc54

Have you tried to call the roaming top up number of 360.

To see if this helps.

Many thanks,

Lee

by pamc54 Investigator
Investigator

Hi Lee Thank you lots. This appears to have worked Cheers Pam
by
EE Employee
Solution

No problems @pamc54

I'm glad you are now sorted Smiley Happy

Many thanks,

Lee

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.