Highlighted
by MobiEE01

New PAYG sim - How to stop pack when activate?

I recently purchase a new PAYG sim with £10 top up included which I intend to start using it next month.

And thus, I don't want the pack start until next month, but I want to activate the sim to check if it is working.

What should I do to make sure it does not start the pack during my activation?

Also, I've an old EE PAYG sim which I purchased for my friend when he visiting UK last year. I've lost the sim, but the number still link to my account.

How to deactivate/ delete that?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: New PAYG sim - How to stop pack when activate?

@MobiEE01 : PAYG SIMs are already activated. You can start using it immediately.

The £10 Pack will already be bought out your credit but it won't start its month's duration until you make your 1st chargeable call or text or start using data. I should turn Mobile Data OFF on your phone for the time being to prevent you using data accidently.

You can test the SIM by texting AL to 150 & other Text Services. These are free.

Add the new no. to your a/c. Then you may delete the old no. by unticking "I'm the User" under A/c Settings.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
1 REPLY 1
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: New PAYG sim - How to stop pack when activate?

@MobiEE01 : PAYG SIMs are already activated. You can start using it immediately.

The £10 Pack will already be bought out your credit but it won't start its month's duration until you make your 1st chargeable call or text or start using data. I should turn Mobile Data OFF on your phone for the time being to prevent you using data accidently.

You can test the SIM by texting AL to 150 & other Text Services. These are free.

Add the new no. to your a/c. Then you may delete the old no. by unticking "I'm the User" under A/c Settings.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions