by Bexrobson
Explorer

In NZ- EE account closed - help!

I’m in New Zealand travelling and my EE account has been closed - assume due to inactivity.  I need to reopen my account with my phone number so I can access bank accounts etc which are associated with the phone number - still have my sim.  Unable to do this on MyEE - just says account closed.

I dont want to pay the money to call - I want to arrange by email but can’t find an option.

help please!

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: In NZ- EE account closed - help!

When did you last use it for a chargeable action? EE PAYG SIMs are deactivated after 6 months of non-use. You then have a further 3 months to call EE to reactivate it before it is lost completely. If you're still within this 9 month timeframe you've got a chance of getting it back; otherwise it's gone for good.

There is no email contact for EE. You could try the Freephone no. in my sig. over Skype in the UK a.m.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Bexrobson
Explorer

thanks so much - other thought, I could buy / request a new sim and request my old number?  Not sure how to go about that but there should be a way...

thanks again 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

No, you can't get your old number back. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.