by Jerri Investigator
Investigator

I put £10 on my payg phone today, made two local calls and now no credit!

Hi there,

My credit was down to 17p, so I registered a new card, put £10 on my phone and got a text confirming I now had £10.17p credit. I made two local calls and during one I got cut off. When I checked my balance, I was told I now had 17p! No way did I use ten quid making two calls to my GP. What has happened? Any ideas?

11 REPLIES 11
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I put £10 on my payg phone today, made two local calls and now no credit!

@Jerri: Can you no longer make calls or send texts?

All EE PAYG SIMs come primed with a recurring Pack of allowances ready to bought out of your PAYG credit as soon as it is sufficient. Your last top-up probably went to buy this Pack as making the 1st call triggers buying the Pack.

By texting AL to 150 it should show you the Pack you have bought with your credit & how much you have left from your allowances until its expiry date. What exactly does that report?

Text STOP PACK to 150 before you next top-up & you can use the SIM as normal PAYG at standard per-unit rates.

I don't understand what you mean by "I registered a new card" if you are still using the SIM that originally had 17p credit on it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Jerri Investigator
Investigator

I didn't buy any packs. I registered a new payment card, not SIM. Used it to get £10 worth of credit. Can't make any calls now it says I'm back to the 17p worth of credit I started out with.

by Jerri Investigator
Investigator

BTW, just texted AL to 150 and was told, "You have 17p of credit."

by Grand Master
Grand Master

& I'm saying all EE PAYG SIMs come primed with a pack & as soon you made a call after you had at least £10 credit, as you did, the pack was auto bought. You didn't need to do anything else.

What about text AL to 150? That all?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Jerri Investigator
Investigator

Sorry, just texted AL to 150 and was told, "You have 17p of credit." My phone is really old - not a smartphone. Old brick. I don't have 'data' and that. I got my SIM card about nine years ago when I bought the phone.  Sorry If I sound a bit dense. I'm over 60. Make allowances 🙂

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hi, @Jerri,

Little bit of confusion here!

When you say top-up card, are you refering to the top-up swipe card?

Regards

mAh8v

by Jerri Investigator
Investigator

Oh dear! Never heard of a top-up swipe card. Sorry.

by Jerri Investigator
Investigator

Never mind chaps. Thanks for your input.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hi, @Jerri,

If you purchased a new sim card it should come with a top-up swipe card and this need's to be linkes to your mobile device to activate the top-up card! 

Regards

mAh8v

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hi, @Jerri,

Your welcome 😊👍

mAh8v

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You actually said "payment card". Did you really mean a credit or debit card which you registered with MyEE in order to top-up?

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions