by Antighsiothail Investigator
Investigator

I have 3 phones transferred from Orange PAYG, I don't want a pack .

As per title, I have 3 phones that have been transferred from Orange PAYG. I don't use data, 2 of the phones are kept for emergencies only. Can I just continue to use the credit or must I buy a pack. I have searched the website but the answer doesn't seem entirely clear.

6 REPLIES 6
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: I have 3 phones transferred from Orange PAYG, I don't want a pack .

Hi @Antighsiothail

Please text STOP PACK to 150 before you top up your member and then you can use your credit when you need. 

Thanks 

Investigator

Hi

Just tried the above but just get a message saying can't do that as I don't have a pack, so not sure now about topping up. Should I top up first then send the text, or as I don't have a pack to start with will it be ok to top up without the text?

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @Antighsiothail

Thanks for coming to the community.

Have you topped up since the numbers transferred to EE?

When they transferred, were you advised you would have a pack active?

Leanne 🙂

Investigator

Hi Leanne.

Thank you for your reply, no I haven't topped up since the transfer, I didn't want to go on a pack and it seemed that I would do when I topped up hence my questions.

I wasn't advised I would have a pack active when they transferred, two of the phones are kept in cars for emergencies only, that's why I didn't want a pack.

Trying to find the answers on the website is difficult to say the least, or maybe it's just me being old and thick!!

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Antighsiothail

Thanks for the quick reply.

We will get this checked for you.

I have sent you a private message to get some details.

Leanne.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Topping-up itself won't buy any pack unless there is already a pack primed for your SIM. It sounds as if there won't be as it was transferred straight from Orange to EE 3G.

What exactly does texting AL to 150 report for each phone?

Even if you don't have a pack, remember to make a chargeable call or text or top-up at least every 179 days to keep it active & stop it going into hibernation. You keep any credit for as long as you don't spend it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.