Highlighted
by YJ1
Explorer

I cannot get a pack in South Korea

Hello everyone,

I have lived in the UK and returned to South Korea last year, so I have a EE sim card.

And I have a plan to go to the UK two weeks later.

I already topped up, and I want to get a pack (20pounds Data Pack).

But I cannot. I guess because I am in South Korea now.

How can I get a pack now?

I need to buy a Data Pack before arriving in the UK because I am going to visit the Netherlands first. So I want to use EE sim card in the Netherlands.

Please let me know how to solve my problem.

Best regards,

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: I cannot get a pack in South Korea

Hi @YJ1,

Welcome to the community 🙂

I can see you have been given some great advice already from @Chris_B.

It sounds like your account has gone into pay as you go hibernation if the account has not been used in over a year.

If you haven’t used your phone for any chargeable activity for 179 days, your account will go into hibernation and any credit will be removed. But don’t worry; at this point it’s not too late to reinstate it – just get in touch with our Pay As You Go Care team.

When your number is in hibernation, it is still possible to get it back until you’ve reached 269 days of no chargeable activity.

After 269 days of inactivity we’ll send you a text to let you know the number will be disconnected within 24 hours. After 273 days the number will be recycled and lost.

You can order another pay as you go SIM card from our online shop to be delivered to any UK address. Alternatively, once you have landed in the UK, you can pick up a SIM card from any EE retail store.

Alex 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@YJ1   Is your sim still activated?  How long ago did you last use it ? 

by YJ1
Explorer

@Chris_B  Thank you for your reply! The last day that I used my sim card is May 22nd 2018. I can check the balance and phone number via myEE app.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@YJ1  As the sim hasn’t been used in the last 12 months it’s probably been deactivated and your number is probably gone for good,  but you shouldn’t be able to check your balance if that the case,   You need to make a chargeable call/text at least once every 6 month to keep it active or the sim goes in to hibernation after 6 months and 3 after that it’s deactivated.  You need to call customer services to get it re-activated if that’s even possible after such a long time . I doubt is though but they should be able to refund you though.  

by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Hi @YJ1,

Welcome to the community 🙂

I can see you have been given some great advice already from @Chris_B.

It sounds like your account has gone into pay as you go hibernation if the account has not been used in over a year.

If you haven’t used your phone for any chargeable activity for 179 days, your account will go into hibernation and any credit will be removed. But don’t worry; at this point it’s not too late to reinstate it – just get in touch with our Pay As You Go Care team.

When your number is in hibernation, it is still possible to get it back until you’ve reached 269 days of no chargeable activity.

After 269 days of inactivity we’ll send you a text to let you know the number will be disconnected within 24 hours. After 273 days the number will be recycled and lost.

You can order another pay as you go SIM card from our online shop to be delivered to any UK address. Alternatively, once you have landed in the UK, you can pick up a SIM card from any EE retail store.

Alex 🙂

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.