by eeanon Investigator
Investigator

How to use credit instead of pack

Hi, I have bought a phone from argos and it came with a top up voucher and a sim card.

On the pack of the sim it says "simply top up using the voucher provided when you purchase this phone. Your credit is automatically swapped for the Talk & Text Pack below as soon as you call or text".

I want £10 credit rather than a pack. Is there something I have to do in order to get credit instead of a pack? Thanks.

Also, if I get credit instead how long does the credit last for until it goes? I plan on using this phone for emergencies only.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: How to use credit instead of pack

@eeanon: Text STOP PACK to 150 before you top-up & you'll be able to use it as normal PAYG.

Make a chargeable text or call or top up at least every 180 days & it'll stay live.

Why did you post this under Roaming? Your allowances are for UK only.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 0207 362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
1 REPLY
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: How to use credit instead of pack

@eeanon: Text STOP PACK to 150 before you top-up & you'll be able to use it as normal PAYG.

Make a chargeable text or call or top up at least every 180 days & it'll stay live.

Why did you post this under Roaming? Your allowances are for UK only.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 0207 362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.