cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

How to top up £1

Sl457
Visitor

Hi,

I've just bought a £1 pay as you go sim (7 day £1 talk & text pack).

When I go to top up it says minimum is £5 top up. I have tried in store using the card which came with the SIM but they said minimum is £5, and also called 150, but again was told minimum top up is £5.

How do I top up £1?

Thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Sl457 : You can't! The min is £5. Top with £5 now & spend it on buying the next 5 weeks' packs.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Sl457 : You can't! The min is £5. Top with £5 now & spend it on buying the next 5 weeks' packs.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Sl457 

Please see here: https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/billing-usage-and-top-up/call-text-and-data-charges/pay-as-you-go-pac...

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

So why does ee advertise £1 talk pack, to be renewed every 7 days and then ask for minimum £5? 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Ophelia2,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

The minimum top up amount is £5. If you choose the £1 talk and text pack, it will renew automatically each week until your £5 credit has been used.

Thanks

James

HI thank you James. 

Does EE think we can mind read by not explaining that £1 will be deducted each week from a £5 top up . Since the beginning  EE has been  a pain to use with various issues like stopping and starting monthly pack. 

Once I cancelled the automatic monthly pack top ups and the remaining credits (call, text and internet data) I had on my phone disappeared too when it was not even near the end of expiry date

Not being able to find where to enter bank card details though spending over an hour searching. EE website configured to cause confusion.  Can't stand the man on EE tv adverts either. 

But thanks James I might try the £1 top up with minimum of £5 but am still dubious about something going wrong again. 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

No problem @Ophelia2

Don't hesitate to get in touch with our Customer Care Team if you have any issues with your packs in future.

James