by Grand Master
Grand Master

How to get though to customer services on PAYG device.

I'm only posting this as i've just tried to call customer services from a PAYG phone as I needed to speak with them, but after getting lost in the options you get which are all automated responses (Argh) and it was only upon doing this I had no idea how awkward this really was to actually speak with customer services and on my third attempt to speak with them I found out how to do this.  this is what you need to dial from your PAYG device.

150 Option 1 Option 3 Option 2 Option 2 Option 4 Option 2

( 150, 1,3,2,2,4,2 )

25 REPLIES 25
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: How to get though to customer services on PAYG device.

Hopefully this will be a help for people on pay as you go. I think this ought to be a sticky, so that people can see this without having to trawl through to find it. 

by Maestro
Maestro

LOL could EE actually make this any more complicated....actually don't answer that!!

EE never do seem to have got away from the good old days of T-Mobile's ridiculously complicated call centre IVR maze menu system!

If I remember rightly though you could make the TM system fall down though by pressing zeros many times and that put you through to an actual real life person, which always made you feel like you had won.....until they fixed it of course!!

Please though EE, what ever you do please please don't go down the actual voice recognition system route like Sky now use as those are an utter nightmare to use and just ends up winding customers up.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Schockwave  It's already been made a sticky in PAYG 

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Chris_B, I suppose I should have checked before suggesting it, just replied to the thread,.

by dianegflynn Investigator
Investigator

I thought this was great but when I tried to use it , there is no option 4; Think they've seen your post and changed the options just to make this difficult again

by Jjj23
Explorer

don't worry just phone 08009566000 from your landline pick option to say your leaving and you'll get someone to speak to

by carrotmuseum Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

In this modern, fast age, why is there no email address?

Pretty RUBBISH really.  My experience of customer service is awaful and I refuse to call again.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@carrotmuseum, What is your problem, maybe someone here can help? If everyone were to email EE, you would probably have to wait a long time for a response, your email may not be seen straight away, it is the way EE do things, to sort things out via a phone call, sorry.

If you have something like Skype or Viber and have credit on them, you could ring them using one of these. You will not get help unless you ring them or if near an EE store you can go there and they should be able to help or put you through to customer service. Let us know what your problem is and see if someone here can help.

Valued Contributor

My problem is I am out of credit and EE website cannot help. I need my
phone right now for personal family reasons.

My past experience with phone support lead me to NEVER use them again -
arrogant, ignorant and misleading.

IF they had email support then the people employed to answer the phones
would be quieter and could answer emails. Emails take seconds to answer,
whereas having frustrating phone call with a pigeon English person is a
waste of time and I have spent way too many hours (yes hours!) trying to be
understood.

Virus-free.
www.avg.com

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @carrotmuseum

You would need to call us as advised in your other post here,

Thanks, Leanne.

Valued Contributor

and pay 25p for the privilege??? give me a break.

Fortunately I am not locked to Orange.

One more ATM to try, next door to Virgin store!!! feels like GOODBYE
Orange.

Over 10 year loyal customer and treat like SH**
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I begrudge having to pay 25p for the cost of the call, especially when I am trying to give them money!

Anyway for now I have cured my problem - moved to Virgin on another phone.

Valued Contributor

Virgin are ever so helpful, communicative, direct and understandable. Orange does not score on ANY of those essentials.  AND no charge to call customer sevices.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Sorry @carrotmuseum, if you were on a monthly contract, even sim only, then you are paying for line rental, so can contact them for free, but as pay as you go, you only pay for what you use and this is why you have to pay for the call, not everything can be free in life.

If there is an EE store near where you are, you could go there and they can either help you or put you through to customer service.

Have just also read that you have now gone to Virgin, hope you are happy with them and you get a good signal.

Valued Contributor

So, as in my case, I have to pay for the privilege of paying for service? give me a break.

Virgin,. so far, better than Orange>  I am running both phones so easy to compare, Once my payg runs out on Orange, and you haven't fived the issue i will decide.

Frankly Orange have been smug b***tards for too long

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@carrotmuseum, I am a customer just like you, not a member of staff. If you do not speak to customer service, then your problem will not get resolved, this is why I suggested an alternative way of getting help.

There is no access to accounts in the forum.

by cupcake1978 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

thanks so much for that info.  Was pulling my hair out as my pack didn't start and i got charged out of the credit so there wasn't enough to restart the pack.  The mins had run out on my pack so i had bought a voucher to restart my current pack early.

Glad for your info as customer service calls cost 25p.

by evilclive Investigator
Investigator

Re "hope you get a good signal with Virgin" - they use EE's infrastructure don't they, so signal will be identical.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@carrotmuseum I am doing the same now running down my credit to £0 then moving but moving to Three not Virgin.

I am so sick and tired of these 'problems' with my Orange account and EE never fix them so I too give up.

Where they got this idea that we would move to EE after the terrible experiences we have on Orange is beyond me. Every time I call with an issue I say well done EE you have pushed me even further away.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.