by broket
Visitor

How to force payg to allocate the money SOLELY for text/voice NOT data

I pay a £5 'topup" for my daughter. IMMEDIATELY it drops to £4. I can't, for the life of me find out how to stop this from happening. A month later it takes another £1.

I have created an acoount to chat here specifically to ask this question. Thanks in advance for any answers. EE have made me jump through so many hoops to get to this point - failing to verify codes and email addresses continuously along the way - for example I started this process the minute I topped up this afternoon to find that the £5 had dropped to £4 - over 4 and 1/2 hours ago. This is the last time

I am going over to O2 as soon as this fiver disappears in a puff of smoke.

The reason I am upset? The phone is purely for her to get in touch with us or us with her. Via text usually. This £5 should last for a year at that rate even though cost per text is high.

2 REPLIES 2
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: How to force payg to allocate the money SOLELY for text/voice NOT data

Good Morning @broket.

Welcome to the community.

It sounds like you might have a £1 reccuring pack set up on the account.

If you text STOP PACK to 150, what response do you get?

Jon

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: How to force payg to allocate the money SOLELY for text/voice NOT data

On EE PAYG your credit can never be used directly to buy data. Data can only be used by buying a pack or data add-on.

Sounds as tho' your PAYG SIM must be pre-configured with a £1 Pack that is auto bought every month when you have enough credit.

As stated earlier text STOP PACK to 150 & the Pack will not be bought next month. Instead you may thereafter use your credit solely to make calls & texts at standard per-unit rates. Remember to use it in this way at least once every 6 months to stop the SIM being deactivated.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 0207 362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.