by cadester
Visitor

How do I connect my Orange mobile to EE?

My mobile is an old LG model that I got on the Orange pay as you go network. I just recently started using it after a little while and got a message on my screen saying 'Rejected by network'.

How do I connect to EE and will I need a new sim card?

2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: How do I connect my Orange mobile to EE?

@cadester: Probably! Is the SIM in it as old as the phone? When did you last use it for a chargeable action? EE PAYG SIMs are deactivated after 6 months of non-use. You then have a further 3 months to call EE to reactivate it before it is lost completely.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: How do I connect my Orange mobile to EE?

Good Morning @cadester

Welcome to the community.

When was the last time you used the SIM card?

@XRaySpeX is correct, if you haven’t used your phone for any chargeable activity for 179 days your account will go into hibernation and any credit will be removed.

If you want to reinstate the number and credit, give us a call on 150 within 90 days of the account being in hibernation and we can reinstate both the number and the credit.

If we don’t hear from you after 273 days we’ll assume that you no longer wish to keep the account and we will recycle the number and all credit remaining would be lost.

For full information on Pay as you go hibernation see our support article.

Leanne.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions