by Loul60
Explorer

Getting a refund for money I spent on topping up my phone & never came through.

Within the last month, I have topped up my EE Pay as you go SIM card so my next pack can renew (I would have made this post earlier but I have been searching for easier solutions). 

A363DEAD-E8CC-41A3-A483-20626D60E8C0.jpeg

4672B700-9996-4921-A67C-09E79F28E2C3.jpeg

8B6CD9B4-082B-45C8-80C7-085DA3375BCB.jpeg

After topping up £10, I waited: nothing came through; nothing ever did. I topped it up again after waiting and the credit came through almost immediately. 

After searchinng for got answers online, I tried to call customer support, but it turns out I have to pay 25p to speak to an actual human being - that is bull$h!t. I am unaware of any company that makes you pay to speak to customer support, EE already charge you for phoning them.

Anyway, my point is, are there any other ways to be refunded the £10 I was ‘robbed’ of? I have proof of this attached to this post, and would appreciate it if an EE correspondant replies. Yeah 

*As visible in the attached screenshots, two lots of £10 we’re withdrawn, but I only received £10 credit, I have not deleted any texts and if any further proof is required, please ask for it and I will be happy to provide it.

2 REPLIES 2
by Loul60
Explorer

How can I get a refund for money I used to top up my phone and gave no credit?

Within the last month, I have topped up my EE Pay as you go SIM card so my next pack can renew (I would have made this post earlier but I have been searching for easier solutions). 

A363DEAD-E8CC-41A3-A483-20626D60E8C0.jpeg

4672B700-9996-4921-A67C-09E79F28E2C3.jpeg

8B6CD9B4-082B-45C8-80C7-085DA3375BCB.jpeg

After topping up £10, I waited: nothing came through; nothing ever did. I topped it up again after waiting and the credit came through almost immediately. 

After searchinng for got answers online, I tried to call customer support, but it turns out I have to pay 25p to speak to an actual human being - that is bull$h!t. I am unaware of any company that makes you pay to speak to customer support, EE already charge you for phoning them.

Anyway, my point is, are there any other ways to be refunded the £10 I was ‘robbed’ of? I have proof of this attached to this post, and would appreciate it if an EE correspondant replies. Yeah 

*As visible in the attached screenshots, two lots of £10 we’re withdrawn, but I only received £10 credit, I have not deleted any texts and if any further proof is required, please ask for it and I will be happy to provide it.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Getting a refund for money I spent on topping up my phone & never came t

Hi @Loul60

You will need to speak to CS. There is no customer account access on these forums.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.