Highlighted
by oldOrangePAYG Investigator
Investigator

EE used on phone, but number not recognised in online registration

My Orange PAYG now running on EE is currently not manageable online for me. I have tried to create an EE-logon, but EE does not recognise my number as one of its devices. This means that I seem to have no means of updating my details or managing my device.

I have tried to add some minutes via many voice prompts and was told in the end that there was a technical problem - I supect it might be that EE simply does not know that I am their customer.

I'm not even sure which call charges apply to me and whether there are any free calls I can make to check balance or whether the top up call charges me or not (top up still works as before which I did successfully a couple of days ago).

To summarise, my phone works on EE, but EE does not appear to recognise me when I try to interact online. All I want is to be able to update my account relating to my PAYG sim. Who do I contact, how could I go about this?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Investigator
Solution

Re: EE used on phone, but number not recognised in online registration

I called 150 from my old Orange sim mobile, connection charge to customer services was 25p (they said that before connecting me, so I would have had the option to end the call without being charged) - and after a couple of munites wait I was connected to a very helpful person.

Orange and T-mobile sim cards cannot be managed online via EE, I was told, but I can get an EE SIM card (3 sizes in one, so will fit any mobile device) free of charge with the same phone number as before.

I decided to chose a weekly plan that will run automatically every 7 days (as long as there is credit), but my credit will last longer because I was given 10 weeks additional weeks free for a start as a thank you for staying with EE. Now that's worth knowing!

Once the SIM card arrives, I shall be able to activate my EE account. My updated details are already in the system, I was able to give them over the phone.

Success!

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Text BA to 150 to get your balance. Service texts to 150 are free. It costs nowt to top up.

Do you know about Packs? Have you bought a Pack? See Pay as you go packs explained .

View price plans for pay as you go .

You may need to phone CS to delete your Orange a/c before you can create a new a/c on MyEE for the same no.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Thanks for advice about free text for balance - I've tried  BA on 150 a couple of time to verfiy it doesn't charge me and which I can confirm, it is definitely free.

I am planning on phoning EE on the phone numbers given in your signature to enquire about the account. I may end up switching (to another provider, new SIM only deal, porting my number) rather than updating my details - once my PAYG credit is used up.

Thanks for your help so far.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome Smiley Happy! Glad I could be of assistance.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator
Solution

I called 150 from my old Orange sim mobile, connection charge to customer services was 25p (they said that before connecting me, so I would have had the option to end the call without being charged) - and after a couple of munites wait I was connected to a very helpful person.

Orange and T-mobile sim cards cannot be managed online via EE, I was told, but I can get an EE SIM card (3 sizes in one, so will fit any mobile device) free of charge with the same phone number as before.

I decided to chose a weekly plan that will run automatically every 7 days (as long as there is credit), but my credit will last longer because I was given 10 weeks additional weeks free for a start as a thank you for staying with EE. Now that's worth knowing!

Once the SIM card arrives, I shall be able to activate my EE account. My updated details are already in the system, I was able to give them over the phone.

Success!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

I could have told you that had you said you were still on Orange but you said you were "now running on EE".

You may find that an EE SIM won't work in your phone if it is still locked to Orange & you will need to ask EE to unlock it.

Investigator

Very interesting, I shall look out for that!

When I wrote my initial post, I did not realise that the 'EE' sign appearing on my mobile's screen as the carrier and the system text message in summer stating that Orange would switch to EE might mean something other than running on EE from then onwards.

I now see that there is a difference - I will only be on EE once I've managed to get an EE SIM to work on my mobile. Thanks for mentioning the potential extra hurdle of unlocking.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.