by diddly-dee Investigator
Investigator

upgrade to new orange dolphin

In short, I've got an old orange sim (still active, although used very infrequently) that's on the 'old' dolphin rewards system (top up by ten pounds a month and get 400 texts and 100mb of data).  I was going to start to use it again and go back to my old number but wanted to move onto the 'new' dolphin rewards offering 400 texts and 1gb of data when topping-up by ten pounds a month.  I tried to change today from the 'old' to the 'new', and followed the current instructions the website that said, to switch onto new dolphin, I should "text 'NEWDOLPHIN' to 450" but got a text back saying "sorry this service is no longer available. please call 450 and select the option to move to EE".  I don't want to move to EE, as I like the new dolphin Orange offer (if I can't have that I may as well switch networks).  Am i stuck with the old dolphin rewards (despite what it says on the website)? Thanks.  

6 REPLIES 6
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: upgrade to new orange dolphin

Hello @diddly-dee sorry to hear you are having problems moving to the updated Dolphin plan. Try calling 343 from your Orange phone and selecting the Dolphin plan that way. If you have access to your online account you may also be able to change it through there using the change plan options under the top navigation bar. 🙂 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @diddly-dee,

Welcome to the EE Community.

That's a great suggestion from @Profile closed.

If that doesn't work, please get in touch with customer service.

Thanks

James

Investigator

It was helpful up to a point, I called 343 and was advised to send a text (as per my original post) - with the same result as before.  I then found the animal plan terms & conditions which details that;  

22. Customers who joined Dolphin before 19 March 2013, and who want to benefit from the improved Dolphin reward, will need to move from Dolphin to one of our other PAYG plans. They can then move back to Dolphin to get the improved reward. This will not affect your Analysis Date or Accumulated Amount.

Accordingly, I switched to 'canary plan' solely for the purposes of being able to get onto the 'new dolphin plan', only to discover that I've got to stay on the 'canary plan' for a month before i can change to the plan I actually want.  Very frustrating... 

advised me that, 

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @diddly-dee sorry to hear you are still having problems moving to the new Dolphin plan. I tested 343 just before posting and it worked on the call without having to send a text message so there may have been a problem with the request. Because you have changed to the Canary plan it will not be possible to change your plan yourself for a month now no, however if you call customer service on 450 from your Orange phone or 07973 100 450 from any other using options 2, 4 from the main menu they can access the account and correct your plan manually for you. Let us know how you get on if you have the time. 🙂

Note: once your plan has been changed/corrected it is advisable to wait for the Dolphin welcome text message first before topping up. Restart your phone after topping up then call 453 and check your rewards/bundles using option 1 to confirm they have been added. 🙂

Investigator

Hi Tom, thanks for your efforts.  I called 450 and spoke to an advisor.  Alas, as I'd requested the plan change (old dolphin to canary, as a presursor to moving to new dolphin), there was some system progress going on (the update to canary) and apparently the account was 'locked'/frozen from any access/changes being imposed manually until that change had worked its way through the system.  They told me to call back in 72 hours when they'd be able to access my account.   

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @diddly-dee let us know the outcome once you have spoken to them again, hopefully they can get you up and running on the correct plan soon. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.