by ShelleyTamara Investigator
Investigator

"Calls are not currently being connected to this number" Has my sim got cut off?

I've just got a new phone (Samsung Galaxy s7).  The phone had to be unlocked before I could use my sim card from my old phone (Sony Xperia e5) in it. It unlocked fine, everything works... Except when I tried to set up WhatsApp on the new phone, I wasn't receiving the verification code... I thought probably just due to bad signal so tried again when I was somewhere with perfectly fine signal but same problem. I get home, try to ring my number to check if it's working and it says "Calls are not currently being connected to this number" I then put my sim card back in my old phone (Xperia) to see if it's the new phone or sim card that's the problem, tried to ring my number again, and it still says it. Has my sim card been cut off for some reason? Can't remember the last time I had a top up but the last time my old phone received a text was 31st March and 7th April, from EE and 27th March from an app sending me a verifcation code so everything was clearly working fine then... Am I going to have to get a new sim card or can this be resolved somehow?

Thanks!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: "Calls are not currently being connected to this number" Has my si

Hi @ShelleyTamara

When did you last name a chargeable call or text? 

EE hibernation might be your problem.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Hi @ShelleyTamara

When did you last name a chargeable call or text? 

EE hibernation might be your problem.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@ShelleyTamara wrote:

the last time my old phone received a text was 31st March and 7th April, from EE and 27th March from an app

Receiving (unless chargeable) doesn't keep it active. When did you last make a chargeable call or text or buy a pack or add-on?

EE PAYG SIMs are deactivated after 6 months of non-use. You then have a further 3 months to call EE to reactivate it before it is lost completely.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

I honestly can't remember but I just followed your EE Hibernation link, called 150 from my mobile and instantly started getting loads of texts come through lol. THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!!!! Problem solved!

Investigator

Thanks for your reply, Northerner has solved my issue, EE Hibernation was the problem. I'll make sure to top my phone up soon as possible to avoid it from happening again.

by
EE Community Support Team

Come back and see us anytime @ShelleyTamara

Great work @Northerner 🙂

Cheers

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.