by Joyce_mote Investigator
Investigator

purchased new mobile

You could make it easier to ask a question

15 REPLIES 15
Investigator

Re: Start a New Topic

There is a little leaflet in with the phone that to get going I should register it
Investigator

Re: Registering a PAYG SIM

I case you did not receive it....Yes my old phone number is with EE and yes I purchased the new PAYG mobile outright. from Argos
Joyce
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: purchased new mobile

@Joyce_mote  It is easy.  Just ask your question. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Start a New Topic

Choose an appropriate forum from the drop-downs near the top of the page & then "Start a New Topic".

Or just type your Q in the Search box.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

There was not an approiate question.......;I purchased this ee NOKIA 5 payg pack from Argos and I have been trying to register it but I get a message telling me that a code has been texted to the new phone and I should quote that code when I register ...BUT how can the code be sent to the phone if it is not registered yet.....?

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Joyce_mote,

Welcome to the EE Community.

I'm sorry you had trouble finding the right place to post your question. I've moved it into the pay as you go section for you. Smiley Happy

Your pay as you go phone will be pre-activated and ready to use. The text message you will receive is to activate My EE, so you can manage your account online.

Has the code come through yet?

Thanks

James

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Registering a PAYG SIM

The appropriate forum would be My EE Account / PAYG.

PAYG SIMs are already activated & ready to use for incoming as well as outgoing.

When you say you are trying to register it do you mean you are trying to create a MyEE a/c for it? That would want to send a verification email to you.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Thanks James and everyone else...I'm fairly new to this game and as there were no instructions with this package I was lost....Perhaps you can help me with two other questions ?...How do I transfer the number from my old mobile to the new one and how do I transfer the credit also from my old mobile to the new one..
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Was your old mobile also with EE?

Can I clarify that you bought outright an EE PAYG phone from Argos?

by

Hi there @Joyce_mote

No problem at all we're here to help 🙂

If you could let us know the answers to @XRaySpeX questions, we will be able to help you get this sorted.

Speak soon, Leanne.

Investigator

Yes my old phone is with ee and yes I bought the new phone outright from Argos

by

Thanks @Joyce_mote

In this case our customer service team will be able to help you get your number and credit transferred.

If you give us a call on either 150 or 07953 966 250.

Have a lovely evening 🙂

Investigator

Many Many Thanks...                                              Joyce
by

No problem at all @Joyce_mote

Come back to the community anytime 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Joyce_mote wrote:
There is a little leaflet in with the phone that to get going I should register it

Coming back to the registration, can I ask what actual steps it asked you to carry out to achieve this, so we can understand what you were trying to do?

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions