Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

phone has not been used for 6 months

My brother has a phone on PAYG which he has not used for more than 6 months so it has been cancelled ( if that's the right word).  He only uses it very rarely.  How do I get the phone up and running again and put money on it for him.

Thanks 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: phone has not been used for 6 months

@PatW133 : If it has not been used for over 6 months it has been put into hibernation after which you have about 3 months to phone EE & re-activate it.

If it has not been used for over 9 months you have lost it & any credit.

To keep it alive you needed to make a chargeable action like making a chargeable call or text, topping up or buying a Pack or Add-on, not just using your mins, texts or data from your pack.

You can get a new Pay as you go SIM with a new no. to still use that phone.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@PatW133 : If it has not been used for over 6 months it has been put into hibernation after which you have about 3 months to phone EE & re-activate it.

If it has not been used for over 9 months you have lost it & any credit.

To keep it alive you needed to make a chargeable action like making a chargeable call or text, topping up or buying a Pack or Add-on, not just using your mins, texts or data from your pack.

You can get a new Pay as you go SIM with a new no. to still use that phone.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

View solution in original post

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

OK thanks - I'll give EE a ring and take it from there.

PatW133

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance.

Highlighted
by
Explorer

Depending if the phone is locked to a network,  just pop sim that it was locked to ,top up, should not be problem, but you might need a new fresh sim. If it was locked to EE you can order a sim direct from EE, it's not the phone that is deactivated but the sim hope that helps. 

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Hello

Just to let you know that I phoned EE and they advised me to go and buy a new sim card at somewhere like Tesco or Asda as due to corona virus it would be at least 2 weeks before one would get posted from EE. So that's what I will do. 

Thanks very much for the replies

PatW133

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.