by maninja Investigator
Investigator

pay as you go

Hi,

Do all the pay as you go plans have time limits (7 day/30 day etc)? I would like one with no time limit.Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: pay as you go

If you don't want a pack then just stop the pack from starting.

It will then be a bog standard payg.

No pack is timeless.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by maninja Investigator
Investigator

Thank you. I have a £30 top up voucher that my elderly mother bought by mistake and they won't refund. The only way to use it up is to buy a PAYG SIM and keep it as an emergency phone. So do I just buy a pack and no activate it?

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @maninja,

Welcome to the EE Community.

You'll just need to text STOP PACK to 150.

Thanks

James

by maninja Investigator
Investigator

Thank you James,

I have been sent a SIM. Do I just login and top up using the voucher and then text STOP PACK to 150?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

No, it's safer to text STOP PACK to 150 before you top-up in case the preinstalled pack is bought before you can stop it.

Bear in mind that all EE PAYG SIMs are deactivated after 6 months of chargeable non-use. You then have a further 3 months to call EE to reactivate it before it is lost completely. So you will need to send a text at least every 5 months or so to keep it alive.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.