by Nickysm123 Investigator
Investigator

pay as you go

Hi my pay as you go sim has been disconnected. I was not informed prior otherwise I would have topped up. Can my number be reconected? Really need my number back!!! Would appreciate any help!

14 REPLIES 14
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: pay as you go

Hello @Nickysm123,

Welcome to the community,

How long ago has it been since you used your sim card, as they do go into hybernation and then the number is completely lost after six months, all information can be found here:

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Pay-as-you-go/Pay-as-you-go-Hibernation-Information-on-EE/td-p/392179

If it has gone into hybernation, you will have to give EE a call to re-activate it. There are no account access here, this is a public forum and anything to do with accounts have to be dealt with by ringing customer service.

Investigator

I contacted customer services and they said the number has been disconnected. They didnot mention hybernation or anything. 

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Did you read the link I gave you? All companies do this, after a certain time your pay as you go phone has to be used, or you will loose it.

Did customer service tell you why it has been disconnected? Unfortunately, if you have lost it, you will not get the number back, but you can get a new number to use your phone, but just make sure that you do not leave it too long before using it.

Investigator

That does not help me much! Why dont EE let you know before they cut you off. This does not seem right to me. This seems out of order for low frequency users also people who make the use of wifi!! Not at all happy with EE. If anyone knows any reputable phone company that may be able to reinstate my phone number please let me know.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Nickysm123, I do not have and never have had pay as you go, but would have thought that when you got your phone, you would have received the terms and conditions, which would have explained this. As a pay as you go customer, if you do not use it, you will loose it, unfortunately, and I am pretty sure that all networks do this, you only need to use it once in a while. Sorry, but no matter where you go, you will not get that number back, it is possible that someone else has it already, you could try and contact EE to see if you can get the number back.

by
EE Employee

Hi and welcome to the community @Nickysm123

So I can try and assist, when was the last time you made a call/text?

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

Thats was my first point of call. But had no luck. Even if i had to pay a reconnection charge I would have. Its a big disappointment. I am sure there is a way? I have had the number for over 10 years!

Investigator

Was on 22nd march 2017 but when I called EE they said its disconnected. 

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Nickysm123, It should not have been disconnected, and you should be able to get your number back, as that is not long ago, it would only have gone if it were six months, and prior to that, would have gone into hibernation.

Hopefully @Lee_H will be able to help you with this.

by
EE Employee

Hi @Nickysm123

I have sent you a private message to gain some details to try and assist.

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

Still no luck! I am really getting no where with trying to get my number back.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @Nickysm123

Thanks for coming back to us.

What have the customer service team advised?

How long ago was this disconnected?

Thanks 🙂

Investigator

The number was disconnected in april and they said cant be reconnected. But why I am sure this can be done. Does EE have a twitter handle?

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @Nickysm123

The Community and Twitter have no account access to fix this for you.

Customer service are the only ones who can look into this for you.

I am very sorry this was not able top be resolved by them.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.