by nitu_vats Investigator
Investigator

pay as you go balance to be retained along with credit

Hello, i will be away from UK for next 2 months, but i have some balance in my Pay as you Go Phone. Can i park / retain this balance till i come back and use again.

Regards

Sandy

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: pay as you go balance to be retained along with credit

@nitu_vats: You likely have a recurring Pack on your PAYG SIM, which will deplete your balance every month or week. Therefore you should text STOP PACK to 150 & start it up again when you get back.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
9 REPLIES 9
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

If you are only going away for 2 months then (and not using the phone/sim) abroad then yes this would be fine.

Only after 6 months on inactivity will the sim deactivate, then you have a further 3 months to re-activate it.

@Karen_C when this happens, does the credit forfeit at 6 months or 9 months?

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
Investigator

thanks for response, but will my balance stay same after 2 months. how to initiate the process of retaining the credit

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

The balance will stay the same if the sim is not used.

You can't just 'park' it. But it will still be there after 2 months.

Investigator

ok thanks, so if i dont use SIM, my balance remains the same. basically it should not be connected to any network, right. do i need to call customer care and inform them as well.

regards

Sandy

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

No you won't need to inform EE.

Just don't use the sim or have it connected incase it uses background data.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@BrendonH  It's 90 days then you get another 90 days to reactivated the sim after this time any credit/number  on the account will be lost if the SIM card is not activated 

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Thanks for clarity @Chris_B been aay from here too long, forgot some of the basics 😛

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@nitu_vats: You likely have a recurring Pack on your PAYG SIM, which will deplete your balance every month or week. Therefore you should text STOP PACK to 150 & start it up again when you get back.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Chris_B@: wrote:

@BrendonH  It's 90 days then you get another 90 days to reactivated the sim

It's 179 days then you get another 90 days to reactivated the SIM - see Pay as you go Hibernation Information on EE

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.