by Colombia2018
Explorer

number de-registered after less than 6 months of inactivity/can`t find chat

Like I said above, my phone number has become de-registered (I think). When I try to add it to my devices, EE doesn´t recognise the number. It has been less than 6 months since I last used it. I`m abroad, and can`t get any signal no matter what network I try. I`ve also tried manual APNs, which didn`t work.

I have tried to get in touch with Live Chat, but have given up after 40 minutes of searching for it. I don`t understand why EE has made it`s customer support so hard to find and use. No offence to this community, but I really didn`t want to post here and now am doing so purely out of necessity.

So, can anyone please help me with the next steps for recovering my number / finding out what happened to it? I`m currently abroad, and as such can`t go to a shop or call.

Any and all help really appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: number de-registered after less than 6 months of inactivity/can`t find chat

No live chat for PAYG, I'm afraid. 

Did you last use it for chargeable calls or texts, topping up, or buying pack or add on? It's not kept alive by incoming calls. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Colombia2018

Please read EE hibernation thread which explains what you need to do.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Colombia2018

Welcome to the community.

Did you get a chance to read the article that @Northerner referred to?

There is a number to call on our get in touch page to query EE numbers that are no longer active: 0800 956 6000.

Please give customer services a call and let us know what happens.

Chris

by Colombia2018
Explorer

Thank everyone for replying.

My last chargable action was an outgoing phone call, less then six months ago. And, as I´m abroad and can`t join a network, I can`t call the number mentioned in the hibernation thread. Can anyone please advise what to do next? Also, does anyone know why this might have happened in the first place?

Thanks again

by Grand Master
Grand Master

When did you last use it? When were you last in UK & how frequently?

You have fallen foul of the Stable Link condition that requires you to spend at least 2 months in UK in any 4 month period.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Colombia2018,

To find out what the issue is with your number for sure, our customer service team will need to take a look at your account.

Are you able to get in touch on another phone?

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.