Highlighted
by Suzanjane Investigator
Investigator

my phone number on my sim is not recognized?

i purchased a payg 4gee sim only card 2 years ago with a top up card, in preparation for my next trip to the eu and britain,  i want to get a voice and text bundle up and running; when i try to register using the phone number from the sim packaging it says the number isnot recognized bec of course it has not been activated

can i not do that on line?  i will going to the eu in march and want to get this done in preparation.

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: my phone number on my sim is not recognized?

@Suzanjane: You've had it too long unused. You've lost it completely now.

EE PAYG SIMs are deactivated after 6 months of non-use. You then had a further 3 months to call EE to reactivate it before it is lost completely. It's too late!

You will need order a new 1 from Pay as you go Phone SIMs but only to a UK address or buy one at the UK airport when you arrive. It needs to be activated in the UK before being used in the EU.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

damn and double damn; being a planner is not always well served.  i was not told that at the time i purchased.  will my top up card still be ok?  it has an expiry date of 2025.  i think i will try and get one sent to a friend in the uk and have it activated if i can. i don't want the text bundle to start until march though.  can it be activated w/o a bundle? i am going straight to italy this trip with maybe an hour layover at heathrow,  i wonder if i would have enuf time.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

I've never used top-up cards but I think you can link your old top-up card to the new no.. However any new SIM should come with its own top-up card.

Tell your friend, if he has an unlocked phone or 1 locked to EE, to immediately text STOP PACK to 150 from the EE SIM. It will then be ready for you in March when you can text ALL PACKS to 150 to see what packs to buy from your topped-up credit.

I hope your own phone is unlocked so as to accept an EE SIM.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

i have unlocked a BB curve for it.  thank you for your help.  i hope i can get myself sorted!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions