by melsm57
Explorer

is anyone else having trouble selecting a pack?

I live overseas and visit regularly. I use a dedicated phone. I usually top up prior to my visit and buy a pack for the duration of my stay. today it took the money from my credit card for the top up no problem, but when I tried to 'pay from top up' it would not let me complete the transaction for the pack I had selected. I don't usually have this issue. is anyone else having problems on the web page today?

6 REPLIES 6
by melsm57
Explorer

Re: How do I top up from outside the UK/EU using a USA-issued credit card?

I don't usually have any issues. I live in Canada but maintain a PAYG phone for my regular visits. I use a Canadian mastercard to top up my phone. then I choose my pack.

have to say that today i'm having issues - I completed the top up part fine though. my account now says I'm in credit, but it won't let me actually choose my pack 'from top up'

but that's unusual and I assume a temporary issue

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: is anyone else having trouble selecting a pack?

Sounds like it has gone into hibernation.

When did you last use it for a chargeable action? EE PAYG SIMs are deactivated after 6 months of non-use. You then have a further 3 months to call EE to reactivate it before it is lost completely.

You needed to make a chargeable action like making a chargeable call or text, topping up or buying a Pack or Add-on, not just using your mins, texts or data from your pack.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by melsm57
Explorer

Re: is anyone else having trouble selecting a pack

Thanks for the info I’ll have to call because it is over 6 months but it
hasn’t been an issue in the past.
--
Regards
Mel Morris
by
EE Community Support Team

Morning@melsm57 

Thanks for posting on the community.

Let us know how you get on after speaking to our Pay as you go Care team 🙂

They are available 8am - 8pm over the weekend.

Leanne.

by melsm57
Explorer

A very nice man got me sorted and reactivated my phone. Very pleased with
the response .
--
Regards
Mel Morris
by
EE Community Support Team

Glad you got this sorted @melsm57

Come back to the community anytime 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.