by DM2018 Investigator
Investigator

Why no balance?

I paid £20 - my card has been debited. But the app says I have zero balance even though it also says mynlastbtop up was today! It won't let me buy a pack because of zero balance! Why??

13 REPLIES 13
by DM2018 Investigator
Investigator

Re: Why no balance?

Unfortunately I'm not sure that explains the phenomenon. My conclusion is that there is a disconnect between the app, the website, and what's actually going on.

The nice friendly Irish guy I spoke to second time around actually fixed everything - my balance showed as 20 quid, and then, as soon as 'er indoors powered up her SIM ( not in UK) she got a message saying the pack was activated. ( I don't know how much my call to CS cost - I think it's poor that there is no email contact available)

But now when I look at the app it says "you don't have a pack" but at least it shows a balance of £20.

All in all its cost too much time and stress. I will be in UK for 3 weeks so enough time to change to a more user friendly provider.

I notice that Vodafone and ee score lowest customer satisfaction in a recent survey (I googled yesterday at the height of frustration) but management response was all about network coverage and speed. Seems to me like a techie response rather than a customer centric response...

If it works tomorrow then I'll see the pack out. Then change her number (and mine). If it doesn't I'll complain to credit card and get my 20 quid back...
by DM2018 Investigator
Investigator

Thank you Chris. I called them. It seems that "the app will probably not update until the end of the current cycle which is 14th" - which explains why I can't see an accurate reflection of my status. Must say I am very surprised at that.

As for my pack - it will apparently take effect when the SIM is powered up. I hope that I can verify that alls working before my wife's flight but I suspect we won't know until she lands in UK.

Appreciate your positive support, but not impressed by the experience with the app etc!

Best regards

DM
by
EE Employee

Hi @DM2018 and welcome to the community.

Can I get you to pop your phone off and back on again, does this help?

What is shown when you text AL to 150?

Many thanks,

Lee

by DM2018 Investigator
Investigator

Hello Lee,

In fact I don't have the SIM card with me. It's in my wife's phone which is powered off. She is flying to the UK tomorrow and I need her to have credit when she lands.

by
EE Employee

Hi @DM2018 

We would need your wife to let us know the answers to my questions above to see where we would have to go next with this one.

As sometimes the turning off and on will sort it out usually.

Many thanks,

Lee

by DM2018 Investigator
Investigator

Thank you Lee for your reply. This is my first experience with EE - it scores zero out of one and so I will advise her to buy a new SIM card when she lands. I can't be doing with a flakey service. I am used to the situation where top up means top up not requiring an undocumented hack!

Thanksvagain for your help.

Any advice on reclaiming my £20 or should I speak to my cc advisor or the regulator?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

A diagnostic isn't a hack!

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by DM2018 Investigator
Investigator

I agree. " What do you get if you SMS AL to 150" is a diagnostic.

"sometimes the turning off and on will sort it out usually." Is an undocumented hack.

But semantics aside, whatever the network can claim in terms of speed etc is not helpful if the basic function of topping up is unreliable.

If there were a statement to the effect "only use this app from a phone containing your SIM" then the user would be forewarned. But I have now got a difficult situation because I made the mistake of relying on an EE SIM to allow my wife (who speaks little English) to establish contact as soon as she lands tomorrow. 

Lesson learned. EE abandoned.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

What does

@DM2018 wrote:

"only use this app from a phone containing your SIM"

mean, how does it forewarn you & how is it relevant? MyEE app may be used from any phone, even non-EE, by logging into the relevant a/c.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @DM2018

Did you select an EE pack when you initially purchase or topped up the SIM?

If so, the pack has probably activated as soon as the top up went through.

Texting BALANCE to 150 would confirm this, although I know your wife won't be able to do this until she lands.

Chris

by DM2018 Investigator
Investigator

Hi Chris,
When I got the SIM in March I recall that I put £10 credit through voucher and must have got a pack with that credit.
Since we left the UK in March the SIM has been powered off.
The app now says balance is zero, but acknowledges that last top up was yesterday - but also says that I have no packs " you don't have a pack"
It won't have taken my balance and applied it retrospectively to the months the SIM wasn't used would it?
I have messaged my wife asking her to power up the phone and text AL to 150 as per previous advice - are you suggesting that this won't work when she is abroad?
Thanks
DM
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @DM2018

No, it definitely wouldn't take the credit for retrospective packs.

I think, because the app shows there is no active pack and that the top up was successful, the best course of action is to contact our customer service team.

They have access to your account and will be able to find out what has happened and put it right.

Please come back and let us know what happens.

Thanks

Chris

by Grand Master
Grand Master

If your top-up had gone to buy a pack which wouldn't be activated until the end of the previous one, the 14th, it will still show up in MyEE as "Stacked" or "Pending" even when the SIM is off. Packs belong to the no. not the physical SIM.

You should ask your wife to text NOW to 150 as well as AL.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.