by FriarTuck1943 Investigator
Investigator

Why does my account keep getting disabled and my credits stolen?

I bought an Orange phone in 2010. I was assured (before I bought it) that my credits would never expire. Despite this, since 2013, EE has been taking my credits and disabling my on line account. Now they have blocked my email so I cannot contact them any more. I have done everything they suggested but nothing works. Just when I think I have things sorted out, they come up with another excuse to cut me off. Does anyone else have a problem like this?

12 REPLIES 12
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: Why does my account keep getting disabled and my credits stolen?

Hello @FriarTuck1943 please could you provide some further information by answering the following questions:

• Which plan are you on? Text the code PLAN to 450 to check if you are unsure.
  • What phone do you have?
  • What exact error message do you get word for word when trying to log in or register for your online account?

🙂

Investigator

Plan: PAYG - some sort of animal? Can't remember - maybe some sort of rodent?

Phone: Samsung GT-E1170.

Error message: We don't recognise this number, please try again. If you're having trouble, call 150 from your EE phone. More ways to get in touch

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @FriarTuck1943

I am very sorry this has happened.

How long ago was the SIM card last used?

Have you moved from Orange to EE?

Thanks, Leanne.

Investigator

First of all, I live in Canada and only usually visit the UK once a year. I have had numerous email conversations with Customer Service over several years. I have followed all their suggestions but every time I do, they say I have to do something else. 2 weeks ago was the last email I got. I had my brother in the UK go to his local EE store to top up my account to keep it active and he was told by the store manager that this would not stop the account from being deactivated (contrary to what Customer Service told me). Customer Service were going to to see why topping up my account would not stop it being deactivated. I sent them a reminder email when I heard nothing in 2 weeks and it was bounced back to me because my email address has been blocked! My SIM card was last used about 2 tears ago. I have not moved to Orange.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

EE/Orange PAYG SIMs are deactivated after 6 months of non-use. You then had a further 3 months to phone EE to reactivate it. As you had previously last used it 2 years ago you have now lost it & any credit. So any attempt at topping-up will now fail.

Was your email addy that is now bouncing an Orange.net addy? You should have been notified that was closing on May 31, that you should get yourself a new email addy & to change your contact details with EE.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by

Hi @FriarTuck1943

Thanks for coming to community again 🙂

Do you require any further support with this?

Or 

Have all your questions been answered?

Thank you

Richard

🙂

Investigator

I have been trying to resolve this since 2013. Customer service does not know what they are doing. I finally got a copy of the terms and conditions about 2 months ago and when I told them that their shop managers did not agree with the terms, I asked for clarification They said they would get back to me. I never heard anything back. Now they have blocked my email. I cannot contact them.

by

Hi @FriarTuck1943

Thanks for taking the time to write back to me 🙂

I am sorry to hear that the level of service you advise you have received has not met your level of expectation.

Please our ways to complain help and support pages.

Thank you

Richard

Investigator

As I've said before (many times), I first bought the phone (from Orange) in 2010. I had no problems until EE came into the picture. Then they started stealing my credits and disabling my account. Every time I complained, they reinstated my credit and reactivated my account. They then told me that I was misinformed when I first bought the phone. After 7 years, they finally sent me a copy of the terms and conditions (which I should have been given when I bought the phone & which they repeatedly told me I could not get because the phone was over 1 year old). In the terms & conditions, it says that I can keep the account active by topping up every 6 months or so. I sent my brother some money (I live in Canada) so he could do this but when he went into the EE store, he was told that this was not true and that texts or calls had to be made to keep the account active. I asked customer service to confirm this and heard nothing back from them. They have now blocked my email address so I cannot contact them. I am now going to put everything in writing (again) and send them a registered letter. I am frustrated because I have done everything they asked but still repeatedly have roadblocks put in my way. By the way, they kept insisting, for several years, that my phone would work in Canada (it does not). Suddenly, they said that it would not work in Canada because North America uses a different radio frequency!

by
EE Employee

Hi @FriarTuck1943

I understand your frustration, I have sent you a private message to try and help.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @FriarTuck1943 the hibernation process starts when the account has not been used for 6months so to keep it active you need to: make a call, send a text, use mobile data, top up or register the phone at least once every 5months to be sure.

If it has been less than 9months since the account entered the hibernation process customer service (executive office) should be able to retrieve it by using the online chat option or the online contact form found using this link:

http://ee.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/security/ways-to-complain

If you can get hold of a line that will call 0800 numbers from abroad you can also contact Orange customer service directly on 0800 079 0006 using option 2.

What phone do you have? Canda use these frequencies in general:

http://m.gsmarena.com/network-bands.php3?sCountry=Canada

🙂

Investigator

I understand that the non use triggers the deactivation (which I was not told about when I bought the phone). However, since EE took over, it has happened numerous times. As I said before, I sent my brother (who lives in England) some money to top up the phone and he was told by the manager of the EE store that topping up would not stop it being cancelled, that a call or text had to be made. The phone I have is a Samsung GT-E1170 which will not work in Canada. The last email I got from customer service said that they were going to check about this (see email below). After 2 weeks without a reply, I asked them for an answer. My email was kicked back as EE has now blocked my email and marked it a spam. I guess they do not want to admit they are wrong and no longer want me as a customer.

email sent to me 28 June, 2017:

Good Afternoon Mr Graham
RE: Mobile Number 0758xxxxx84
Thanks for your reply to my email.
I have passed your email to our Orange Pay As You Service Team to investigate and confirm the conflicting information in our terms and conditions and that we have given you in regards to the suspension of Pay As You Go Accounts.
As soon as I receive any update I will let you know.
Thanks for your email and patience at this time.
Kind regards 

Kelly *************
Executive Customer Relations

[MOD EDIT: Employee surname has been removed for safety and secuity]

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions