by EuNokia Contributor
Contributor

Why do I have to top up. I have enough money in my account. Pack won't renew.

I have 15£ in my account, the cost promised for my VIP package. However it doesn't renew despite so many attempts and I get conflicting text messages from 150.

I am utterly disappointed.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Why do I have to top up. I have enough money in my account. Pack won't renew

Try the landline nos. in my sig.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
17 REPLIES 17
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Why do I have to top up. I have enough money in my account. Pack won't renew

@EuNokia   Have you tried restarting the device? Is it your pack renewal date? 

by EuNokia Contributor
Contributor

I did restart my phone and yes, today it should have been the restart date. I am on 0 data and minutes now, with the money as credit.

by EuNokia Contributor
Contributor

Your current balance as of today 08:12 is £15.00. Your last top up was £15.00 on 10/01/2018 at 23:04. For more info on your packs, add-ons or free boosts, go to MyEE. ee.co.uk/myee (first message from 150 at 08:20)

Hi, you need £15.00 credit for your next VIP Everything Pack. Top up now and your pack will start automatically. Until then standard rates apply: 30p/min and 12p/text in the UK & EU (second message at 08:30)

I try to purchase my pack, it gives me an error message, however, in a browser window, when I have only data on it says that I am on 0 data and a pack awaits, I only need to top up. 

by
EE Employee

Hi and welcome to the community @EuNokia

Please try texting NOW to 150, does this help?

Cheers

Lee

by EuNokia Contributor
Contributor

I checked my balance, just in case:  Your current balance as of today 19:50 is £15.00. Your last top up was £15.00 on 10/01/2018 at 23:04. For more info on your packs, add-ons or free boosts, go to MyEE. ee.co.uk/myee.

I sent NOW and I got the following message:

You need to add some credit to pay for your Pack, please top up at ee.co.uk/myee. Your pack will then start automatically.

I don't understand why and I find it useless and unfair to be forced to waste some money just because.

Thank you for your suggestion, though.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

When you go into your MyEE what does it say "Your pack" is?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by EuNokia Contributor
Contributor

It's the Promotional VIP Everything Pack

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Does it state a price for it?

by EuNokia Contributor
Contributor

No, it doesn't. Not there. However, when I get to the "Sign in network" page, the pack is listed for 15£ the price offered to me the first time, for life it said. When I choose to purchase it, I get an error message and asks me to try again.

I wish I could post print screens.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

No, it seems straightforward enough. You have enough credit to buy the nominated pack but it's not letting you. We have no access to your specific a/c from here. You will need to phone CS to sort it out.

by EuNokia Contributor
Contributor

I see. I tried calling the numbers I found on another thread, which were supposed to be free (0800). For one I got an error message, that number, I think is for the contract numbers and for the other I would be changed the 25p, which would defeat the purpose of this thread - I would be left with less than the cost of the pack.

It feels like a dirty tactic to force people to waste money - I may be wrong, but I cannot help but feeling like that.

Anyway, I thank everyone for your kind support and suggestions.

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Try the landline nos. in my sig.

by EuNokia Contributor
Contributor

I will try tomorrow and keep you posted.

Thank you again.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

You need to call the 0800 number from a none EE PAYG phone to avoid the 25p charge. Borrow a relatives or friends mobile or landline.

by EuNokia Contributor
Contributor

I could put this issue to rest only by calling Customer Service from a different phone. I spoke to Emma who was incredibly helpful and nice. I want to thank everyone, Emma included, to whom I can't give the 10 out of 10 feedback that she deserves simply because I called from a different network and my texts don't get through.

I am really glad that there is such a great community to come to in need. Again, a big thank you to everyone who offered their support and suggestions!

by
EE Employee

Hi @EuNokia

I am glad you are not sorted 🙂

Many thanks,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance & it is now sorted.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.