by Richie1951 Investigator
Investigator

Why can’t I get in touch with a representative?? I tried to top. Got a receipt

I can’t get in touch with a representative. I paid for top up. Got a PayPal receipt. Did not receive an email with a code as promised. They don’t answer their phone. On my way to Naples Italy. Is there a store there that can help me. I am very unhappy and discouraged. Been trying to get this while in the airport for 2 hours!!

9 REPLIES 9
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Why can’t I get in touch with a representative?? I tried to top. Got a recei

You've been conned. EE don't sell top-ups via PayPal. If you bought it on eBay I should take it up with them.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Re: Why can’t I get in touch with a representative?? I tried to top. Got a recei

I did not buy through e-bay. I bought the original card in London at an ee store. The girl there told me to go to the website to top up which I did. Their website gave me the option of PayPal. When I call other number, I get a recording the has to options and then repeats itself. Very frustrating 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Richie1951 

An EE store wouldn't tell you to top-up online as they can do it in store, or via the MyEE app/website. EE don't use PayPal as @XRaySpeX  has said so the website you have used isn't affiliated with EE. 

I would also add if you haven't activated the SIM in the UK then it likely won't work. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

What's the URL of this website? Was it https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/fast-payment-payg/ ?

I don't see any PayPal option there, only Visa, Mastercard & Maestro.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Interesting. My wife was able to use it for her phone.

Sent from my iPhone
Investigator

I don’t have the url. I was trying to this from an airport before oil left Ireland. Any way maybe I got scammed. I will despute it with PayPal. 

Is the url you provided the one I should use? If it is I will try that and thanks for your help. If not I will go to a vodaphone store here in Naples, Italy. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, the URL I gave is the official EE top-up page.

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance.

Investigator

It wasn’t a store in the airport. It was from my phone trying to do it myself. 

The card was activated in London by the sales girl in the ee store at the train station. 

I just need more data before I run out. I will try the url you sent me and dispute the other with PayPal. 

I don’t like that ee doesn’t answer the phone and only gives two options on the menu. Thanks again 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Richie1951

Thanks for coming to the community.

If you call us on 150 from the pay as you go phone you would need 25p credit for the call.

We are open 8am-8pm on a weekend.

Let us know how you get on.

Leanne 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions