by Joanne1307 Investigator
Investigator

Why can I use my 4g perfectly when I have never added credit onto my phone??

So when I’m out (without WiFi) I can sometimes use my 4g, like today I was on a trip out with no WiFi whatsoever and I was able to use 4g to go on google and send messages etc. However, I have never put credit onto my phone before and I’ve never added a plan, so how come I’m able to use 4g perfectly fine without paying??

11 REPLIES 11
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Why can I use my 4g perfectly when I have never added credit onto my phone??

@Joanne1307: How long have you had your SIM? Where did you get it? How much did you pay for it?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Why can I use my 4g perfectly when I have never added credit onto my phone??

Hi @Joanne1307

Welcome to the community. 🙂

All brilliant questions from @XRaySpeX. Could you answer them so that we can try to get to the bottom of this? 🙂

What does it say when you go onto our add-on status page (when not connected to WiFi)?

Thanks

Chris

Investigator

I can’t remember how much it was, what type or anything like that HOWEVER I had an iphone 4 before my iPhone 7 so the sim was too big to fit in the phone - so I had help cutting it to the correct size (it still works)

by

Is it an Orange, T-Mobile or EE SIM, @Joanne1307?

Chris

Investigator

It says ‘mobile data turned off’ when I turned it on, it came up with my account so I took a screenshot.. as I’ve said I’ve got no credit, but someone recommended the £1 pack to me so that’s why it’s there, just waiting..19CBFD2D-88B1-425F-A95E-F7518654B67B.jpeg

Also, what does it mean by ‘your data allowance will start again on 15/09/2018’ ??

Investigator

It’s EE 

by

I'm stumped to be honest, @Joanne1307.

The 'your data allowance will start again on 15/09/2018' part is letting you know when your allowances refresh.

What does it show under 'history' on the add-on status page?

Does it show that you've ever had any active packs?

Chris

Investigator

Umm I didn’t even know this existed.. :1E2BF15D-68BF-4987-B3A1-80C1F0280BBB.jpeg

(This is what I found in my history)

but it says that it started on 16/08/2018, I don’t rembember doing anything for it, I wasn’t even notified....

p.s what is data allowance, I’m not too sure

Investigator

I’ve just found something:078D4758-F43C-45F4-BA0D-5EE453D14D70.png

I’ve definately had my sim since 2014/2015 but I still don’t get why it said that it started on 16/08/2018

Also, do you think that I need to keep topping up? I haven’t added credit in years

by

Seems like you're getting 100MB for free each month, @Joanne1307.

If you topped up £5 before 05/01/15, you would have qualified for the free 100MB per month.

The add-on screenshot is just referencing last month's add-on which started 16/08/18. 

Chris

Investigator

Ok, thankyou so much for your help! I wasn’t sure what was happening haha

thanks again, 

Joanne 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions