by ryanbarrett_uk

Where to start...?

A bit of a vague title but that's the question I'm asking myself!

I'm moving back to England after 15 years of being abroad in Ireland and I've been looking into pay-as-you-go deals throughout the different networks. EE seems the most staightforward for me and a couple of friends over there are with them. I just want to know how I go about getting a SIM card, whether I need to get it set up or not, etc etc.

Last time I flew to the UK was ~4 months ago into Luton and the WHSmiths had many EE SIM cards - if I were to pick up one of those, would I be able to use that full-time or would it expire after a while? Just need to know small things like that aha.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Where to start...?

You can get a PAYG in the EE Shop above / SIM Only / PAYG Phone SIMs. You can either:

• Get a Free SIM which you top-up yourself to use.
  • Buy a SIM incl. top-up & a pre-installed Pack of allowances.
  • Buy a SIM incl. top-up but choose the Pack later.

You can use the SIM either:

• With recurring buyable Packs which last 7 or 30 days. You don't have buy them every 7 or 30 days if you don't want.
  • Just using your credit to make calls & texts as you will at standard per-unit rates. (text STOP PACK to 150 before you next top-up to use it this way.)

EE PAYG SIMs are deactivated after 6 months of non-use. You then have a further 3 months to call EE to reactivate it before it is lost completely.

To keep it alive you need to make a chargeable action like making a chargeable call or text, topping up or buying a Pack or Add-on, not just using your mins, texts or data from your pack.

Also see What are pay as you go packs?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Where to start...?

Hi there @ryanbarrett_uk

Thanks for coming to the community,

I can see @XRaySpeX has given you some great advice already 🙂

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Have a safe trip back 🙂

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.