by OliverLawrence Investigator
Investigator

Where's my old credit?

Hi, I had about £30 phone credit in my T-Mobile account on pay-as-you-go. After buying a new phone on a completely different network, I haven't used my old T-Mobile phone for months or logged on to my account on the T-Mobile website - until today. I find that there is no phone number associated with my account any more, and no signs of my credit, either.

T-Mobile can't just pocket my unused credit like that!

I would like my £30 back, please.

Any advice on the quickest way to get my money back would be gratefully received.

Many thanks in advance

Oliver

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: Where's my old credit?

Hi @OliverLawrence

Welcome to the community, I'm sorry to hear that you have lost your unused credit.

If you have had no chargeable activity on your account within 120 days we’ll contact you by text to make sure you’re still using the SIM card and you’d like to keep the account active.

Find out more information about pay as you go hibernation >

If you would like to speak to our complaints team, you can find information on how to do so on our make a complaint help page.

Chris

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
by Grand Master
Grand Master

How many months since you last used it? EE (incl. T-M) PAYG SIMs are deactivated after 6 months of non-use. You then have a further 3 months to call EE to reactivate it before the no. & credit are lost completely.

It's all covered in the T-Mobile Pay As You Go Terms and Conditions :

6. (c) You must make a connection action at least once every 180 days. If you do not your SIM will be disconnected from the network and you will not be able to use the service at all. You will lose your mobile phone number. Any credit on your account at the time of such disconnection will be forfeited.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Thanks for your reply. Yes, it has been over 6 months since I last used it.

I don't mind the account being closed, as I don't use the number any more, but I don't see why the company thinks it has the right to just pocket the money, especially without warning. That seems fundamentally dishonest, whatever the small print of the Ts & Cs (which I will be reading) might say.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

I've just read them for you - see above.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

No comment about "fundamentally dishonest", then ;)?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Not really. It's all subjective Smiley Wink. You agreed the T&Cs even if you didn't read them.

Investigator

I agreed the Ts & Cs, because that's the only way to get a phone: when all the phone companies have the same policy, the consumer has no choice (except not to have a phone at all, which is obviously not a choice).

It's taking money for not providing a service, then hiding behind the small print and behind a user community (I take it you're replying out of the goodness of your heart and not because you're EE staff).

It's basically b*llocks.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

I am not EE staff. I'm just a user like you.

As you say all the phone companies have much the same policy, If you don't use the no. for over 6 months they work on the basis that you've finished with it.

by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Hi @OliverLawrence

Welcome to the community, I'm sorry to hear that you have lost your unused credit.

If you have had no chargeable activity on your account within 120 days we’ll contact you by text to make sure you’re still using the SIM card and you’d like to keep the account active.

Find out more information about pay as you go hibernation >

If you would like to speak to our complaints team, you can find information on how to do so on our make a complaint help page.

Chris

View solution in original post

Investigator

Thanks Chris. I have now submitted a complaint and look forward to a speedy and satisfactory resolution.

Kind regards

Oliver

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions